AOS/SSA question

Hi,

As I indicated earlier, I applied for my fiancee's SS card on 11-18-08. At that time, we were told that her son could not apply for his SS card until after we adjusted their status. (IS THAT REALLY CORRECT? I did not question it at the time.) Later, having never heard anything from SSA, I finally married my beautiful wife on 12-15-08. On 12-23-08, we re-applied (updated our application for her SS card). They told me we should receive her card in 2-3 weeks. So far, we have not. Now I'm getting worried because there are so many things that you can't really do without your card. And I still am not sure they were right in not allowing my son to apply for his card. HELP!!! :blink: B)

Yes - K-2's are NOT work authorized, and so cannot apply for SS. He can apply when he gets his EAD (you DID apply for one, right?), or his green card.

We have not applied for EAD yet. I thought we were sup[posed to do that at the same time as we apply for AOS. I plan to do that within the next three weeks.

Yes - K-2's are NOT work authorized, and so cannot apply for SS. He can apply when he gets his EAD (you DID apply for one, right?), or his green card.

We have not applied for EAD yet. I thought we were sup[posed to do that at the same time as we apply for AOS. I plan to do that within the next three weeks.

Yes - sorry - I just assumed you had already done that