K3 petition submittions

B. Form I-129F Filing Locations for K-3 Spouse

If you are filing an I-129F petition for your spouse, mail your petition to the Service Center where the underlying I-130 petition is currently pending. Use the address listed on your most recent receipt notice or transfer notice and include a copy of that notice with your Form I-129F.

But I think you may be filing an I-130. The instructions tell you where to file it. It seems like the only confusion is with the term "stand-alone". There may be a reason relating to other types of visas there. Maybe someone else knows.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

A K-3 petition is not a 'stand alone' petition.

If you are wanting to file a K-3 petition - then send it to the address listed on the I-130 NOA1.

If I was flipping it today, I'd send it to CSC, regardless, as VSC is really f'ing slow.

B. Form I-129F Filing Locations for K-3 Spouse

If you are filing an I-129F petition for your spouse, mail your petition to the Service Center where the underlying I-130 petition is currently pending. Use the address listed on your most recent receipt notice or transfer notice and include a copy of that notice with your Form I-129F.

But I think you may be filing an I-130. The instructions tell you where to file it. It seems like the only confusion is with the term "stand-alone". There may be a reason relating to other types of visas there. Maybe someone else knows.

Yes, pardon me, I am filing a I-130, for a K3. The step by step instructions state to...

"Effective December 3, 2007, all petitioners filing stand-alone Form I-130 are encouraged to submit their petitions to the Chicago Lockbox instead of a USCIS Service Center. I-130 petitions filed with the Chicago Lockbox will be routed to, and adjudicated at, the appropriate USCIS Service Center. This routing will be based on the petitioner’s place of residence in the United States."

R/ Pete

Edited by peterd01 (see edit history)

OK - don't confuse yourself.

If you are filing a K-3, it's two seperate sets o documents and two identical sets o evidence. First you send the I-130 set to the lockbox. You'll receive a notice that USCIS received it, with their return address (which won't be the same lockbox address for the I-130).

Send your I-129F to the address in the I-130 NOA1 (797 ).

If you've not sent off the I-130 yet, take a day, make copies of all of your evidence - 1 set for the I-130, 1 set for the I-129F, 1 set for the 'kitchen sink' to use at the interview in GUZ, and 1 set for your 'file copies'.

Good Luck !