Travelling to China on AP

My wife would like to travel back to China to see her brother get married.

As of this date she has her approved AP form.

Although she has her GC interview scheduled for early February 2009, for my specific question, I am going to assume that the GC is delayed and is not approved/received in time for her trip.

Has anybody had or knows of anyone who has had issues with travelling to China on AP?

If so, can you please enlighten me as to what the issues were and how they were resolved?

Thank you,

-Squonk

You didn't say when the wedding was so I'm going to assume it's before the interview date. As long as she shows up for the biometrics and interview appointment there shouldn't be any problem at all. If she can't make it to one or neither of the appointments you will have to inform USCIS for a change of date which will set everything back in receiving the GC.

Don't ever stay pass 6 months in China if possible or there will be questions asked on the AOS and citizenship interviews of why she stayed there that long. Since she just wants to be at the wedding and you have an interview coming up I'm guessing she be there for only a couple of weeks at the most. I don't see any problems since you have the AP.

We traveled with AP a few months ago. Many have done it with no issues. Personally... I wouldn't do it again (we have green card now). We had issues getting out of China as the immigration officer (and his boss) at departures did NOT understand AP. They only understand a green card and kept asking for my wife's green card and pointing out that her K1 visa was expired. They were very reluctant to let my wife leave. In the end, they only let her go becuase she had a valid Canada visa and we were flying into Vancouver.

We traveled with AP a few months ago. Many have done it with no issues. Personally... I wouldn't do it again (we have green card now). We had issues getting out of China as the immigration officer (and his boss) at departures did NOT understand AP. They only understand a green card and kept asking for my wife's green card and pointing out that her K1 visa was expired. They were very reluctant to let my wife leave. In the end, they only let her go becuase she had a valid Canada visa and we were flying into Vancouver.

Wow scary B) .

Yeah, that's exactly what I am concerned about.

Back in July 08, the Chinese Frontier officers challenged her original US K-1 visa.

She had to get supervisor approval before they would let her leave.

Her brother's wedding is in the summer.

Her AOS interview is in February.

Hopefully there will be no issues at the interview and her GC will be approved.