Some Questions ????

Randy - a followup - http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33679

Example of 'I-130 at NVC after I-129f '

Thanks for the update there - someone had posted about a memo, but I'd forgotten

Randy & Darnell

I ran across this note at the end of the VJ K3 step by step I thought it applied to your posts.

Note about the I-130 approval - In some cases the I-130 may be approved prior to the K-3 being processed. There are certain advantages if this happens such as receiving an Immigrant Visa instead of a K3. Please read the IR1/CR1 Guide if your I-130 is approved during the K3 Process to find out what you can do.

R/ Pete

Peter - specifically for the OP - both of his petitions were approved at the same time - the letters of approval (NOA2) had the same dates.

2 years to 9 months ago - during that time span, it became a race, if you 'dual-filed' - to see which petition would be approved FIRST at USCIS. However, for the last 9 months, it seems that if you DUAL FILE, both are approved on the same day, if not the same week. Prior to that 2 year time tick, an I-130 took a LONG time for processing, and the Family Life Act enabled a Petitioner to file a subsequent K-3 petition (an I-129F with some other evidence) , and a K-3 was 'quicker' to get - which was the entire point of the Family Life Act in the first place. (Get her here, faster).

But - it still takes an additional 3 weeks (if you are mondo fast) to 8 weeks to get the additional paperwork done , at the NVC, for an I-130.

Ideally, imo, it's best to shoot for the I-130 , as it is, again IMO, a superior 'thing'

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)