Entering US Consulate in Guangzhou

Hi All,

Well since I'm going to already be outside the Consulate close by getting Candy's M-378 pictures taken, any advantage in visiting the Consulate? I remember someone once said that they give you some stamp or paper or something that could prove useful as evidence of relationship down the road? I really can't remember, I've been very scatter-brained lately. You wouldn't believe how much the culture shock affects one.

P.J.

Hi All,

Well since I'm going to already be outside the Consulate close by getting Candy's M-378 pictures taken, any advantage in visiting the Consulate?  I remember someone once said that they give you some stamp or paper or something that could prove useful as evidence of relationship down the road?  I really can't remember, I've been very scatter-brained lately.  You wouldn't believe how much the culture shock affects one.

P.J.

Relax, buddy. Don't worry about the consulate nonsense now....plenty of that to worry about in the future. Just take photos now while you're together. When you get home, start documenting phone calls, emails, I/Ms, etc. That should be more than plenty.

You can visit the Consulate, and experience it. You can also check out the layout of the Consulate, and describe it to your fiancee so she will have a better feel of the whole interview experience later down the road. I don't recall anything about a vistor's stamp that you can use later down the road.

That was my first experience going inside an American Consulate, and it was interesting. Take it all in. It doesn't hurt to visit anyway. There's some restaurants on the island as well, Lucy's which has an "American" menu, and there's a decent Thai restaurant next to the new Victory hotel.