Greetings from Nanning, China

Hello all,

I have arrived safely here in Nanning. I will be here for 17 days with my lovely wife. :)

The air here is so very bad this week, it is like living in a coal mining city. We are having lots of fun, and we will go to Liuzhou city and then to Guilin city for our holiday.

Take care all, Patrick & Li

Hi Patrick,

Well, you said you were going!...lol. and so you did,,,very good...lol!

When you mentioned Guilin reminded me of a song I once heard and never been able to find. I only know the name, "Guilin is my Home." It is a modern Chinese contemporary tune, I suppose. Sung by a Chinese female artist. A beautiful song, I have never been able to find it. Do you or maybe someone else knows it? Oh well, thought I ask. Thanks and have a good time, the both of you! B)

Hello all,

I have arrived safely here in Nanning. I will be here for 17 days with my lovely wife. :)

The air here is so very bad this week, it is like living in a coal mining city. We are having lots of fun, and we will go to Liuzhou city and then to Guilin city for our holiday.

Take care all, Patrick & Li

I am sooooooo jealous!!! I love Guilin. Make sure you take her for a walk along the river at night. They have it all lit up with colored lights and play beautiful bamboo flute music over speakers along the path. Very romantic. My fiance also lives in Nanning. Do the shopping there its cheaper than Guilin

Patrick and Li,

17 days together in China. My guess is that a lot of us here are quite jealous of you two! What a special time that will be as you build even more wonderful memories. Carl's description of Guilin does sound very romantic. Hey, I would opt for that river walk at night; I know my wife, Minglian, would love it!

Have a great time and enjoy the holiday next week!

Been to Guilin City as well, lovely spot, and no pollution. But the night life! I was amazed it was as lively a place as it is (was?). We took the river tour, visited the caves, walked the river and took many pictures, some of my fondest were at sunset. BUT it did feel a bit strange to be the ONLY foreinger in town..or at least it seemed like it! hope your trip there was/is wonderful.