Legal reasons to deny...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AW -

are you saying that an attorney labelled you as a 'hot white girl' ? Yer not Ms. July in the CFL 2009 Wall Calender, are you ? That lass has red hair, with a wasp waist...

Here's a question? What reason would you think you could possibly be denied? Instead of searching for the same old answers, perhaps build on what might be unexpected? What do you think?

Good point... I worry too much. I know I am a paranoid nervous wreck. I can admit that. :

Did you exercise today? If not, I beg of you, do so.

Warmest Regards..

• 1 month later...

Hi Sebastian, I was wondering. If my husband was part of the CPP, and isn't anymore, do you think it would be okay if he brought in a letter from a party secretary saying that he is no longer part of this organization? He hasn't paid his monthly fees in over a year and he says it should be enough to kick him out. Do you have any advice? thanks.

1. beneficiary is communist party membership

2. beneficiary was combatant against the usa in a recognized armed conflict

3. beneficiary found to be a member of a known visa fraud ring in china

Hi Sebastian, I was wondering. If my husband was part of the CPP, and isn't anymore, do you think it would be okay if he brought in a letter from a party secretary saying that he is no longer part of this organization? He hasn't paid his monthly fees in over a year and he says it should be enough to kick him out. Do you have any advice? thanks.

The letter is somewhat meaningless since the regulations state something about not being a member for 5 years.... so if it's less than that, you've not proven anything really...

The best course is to not say more than is asked.... answer the docuements and questions as honestly and briefly as possible. Let them ask more as needed.

---

Added:

The letter may be necessary once denied to help in the waiver process... I'm saying that it's not going to help prove a reason to issue a visa at the interview; it may help issue the visa about a year after processing a waiver.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

If you have not yet filed your petition with the USCIS you could try presenting evidence with the petition to have the USCIS approve the case with full knowledge of the CCP membership. Supposedly, this removes GUZ from the CCP question.

Getting a letter from the party saying he is no longer a member might be extremely difficult, if not impossible, and getting the Notary office to translate that letter is even more difficult.

Hi there, thanks for the reply. We already recieved our P3 packet last week. I wonder, would it be okay to send the letter stating he is not in the communist party anymore along with this packet? He seems to think it is not so difficult to get this letter.

If you have not yet filed your petition with the USCIS you could try presenting evidence with the petition to have the USCIS approve the case with full knowledge of the CCP membership. Supposedly, this removes GUZ from the CCP question.

Getting a letter from the party saying he is no longer a member might be extremely difficult, if not impossible, and getting the Notary office to translate that letter is even more difficult.

hello, thanks for your reply. I think they will ask this because he works at a university ( i guess it is common for office workers and teachers to be a part of the ccp) and was in the army for 2 years. Also, he has been on 001, and many people who did the interview said they were asked whether or not they were part of the ccp. Those that were asked waited 15 days to a year to get their blue slip approved to a pink one.

The letter is somewhat meaningless since the regulations state something about not being a member for 5 years.... so if it's less than that, you've not proven anything really...

The best course is to not say more than is asked.... answer the docuements and questions as honestly and briefly as possible. Let them ask more as needed.

---

Added:

The letter may be necessary once denied to help in the waiver process... I'm saying that it's not going to help prove a reason to issue a visa at the interview; it may help issue the visa about a year after processing a waiver.

From what we've read here on CFL, about CCP membership -

at the interview, when asked that question, the VO is expecting a yes or no answer.

Several members here have answered NOT ANY LONGER, and a coupla times, their lass was allowed to elaborate in the interview for this question. Specifically, they stated 'not since XX-XX-2007, and here's some 9FAM rules about the timing of CCP membership (handing over the regs to the VO)'.

If your man can get this letter, a possible answer MIGHT BE, at the interview - 'No, not since xx-xx-2007, and here is the letter that proves I am no longer a member'.

Good Luck, just remember 001 'stuff' can be crazy, sometimes.

IIRC, this 'ccp question' is asked twice - once by a screener early in the day, and again by the VO during the interview.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

thanks, this letter shouldn't be too difficult, from what he's read on 001, i'm crossing my fingers that it's easy, but when is it ever easy in China, right? hehehehe.

From what we've read here on CFL, about CCP membership -

at the interview, when asked that question, the VO is expecting a yes or no answer.

Several members here have answered NOT ANY LONGER, and a coupla times, their lass was allowed to elaborate in the interview for this question. Specifically, they stated 'not since XX-XX-2007, and here's some 9FAM rules about the timing of CCP membership (handing over the regs to the VO)'.

If your man can get this letter, a possible answer MIGHT BE, at the interview - 'No, not since xx-xx-2007, and here is the letter that proves I am no longer a member'.

Good Luck, just remember 001 'stuff' can be crazy, sometimes.

IIRC, this 'ccp question' is asked twice - once by a screener early in the day, and again by the VO during the interview.