Might be a new trend in order to speed things up.........

This sounds like it is so new that no one knows how to handle it. This might be one way they are going to handle our immigration problem . "you have been working here for 10 years without the papers NO problem just let us fingerprint you . In the mean time don't call us we will call you" :ph34r: On the serious side Suppose you canceled this petition. Wait a month or so and submit a new one. It seems like you should not have more than one out there at a time. People decide to not get married all the time. Maybe time to spend a $100 and talk to a good lawyer on this idea. It is not like anything is overseas yet. Could be so new it is sitting in the "I have no idea what to do with this file " pile right where you had the bio's done.

Has anyone else here had such a long wait for the NOA2?! :)

Dylan - ya, I heard of a fella. Seems he had a felony conviction under his belt and applied for a petition. He had to go in for ADIT and fingerprint processing. After 15 months, finally, he got an NOA2.

Whilst he was waiting for the NOA2- behind the scenes his paperwork processing got held up in the FBI name check queue. He had gone in for fingerprint processing as well, but there was another delay in the matching up of his prior records with his state prison system records as well.

Beats me - Reddragon should be able to contact the USCIS ombudsman at this point and have inquires made there.