help for fresher

Guest Rob & Jin

yes but K-1 is a kinda dual visa (immigrant/non-immigrant) and K-3 clearly with intent too, a business visa is issued with no intent to immigrate.

Also I did say "could" not would, I know folks who have got away with and others that have not, its a dice role. Immigrant2us.net is full of folks who got into trouble with overstays, marriage and AOS.

Just saying its a risk.

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

I'm wondering if the business visa is still valid once another type of visa, K-1 or CR-1 has been applied for. If her BF applied for a fianc¨¦e visa once she is here or they or they got married and filed for a CR-1 visa and she stayed for the length of the visa then returned to China to await completion of the rest of the process.

Since she wants to use the time to see if she likes being a couple then the safest option is to stay here for the time the business visa is valid then return to China and file for a visa. If they wanted to get married first that would be fine as long as they didn't file a petition while she is in the US.

That reminds me -... grrr...

You'll need a police certificate or statement for all of the cities that you live in, in the USA, IF you are going to file something that gets adjudicated in GUZ. So, a few days before you LEAVE a US City, go visit the police department, have them prepare a statement for you.

That reminds me -... grrr...

You'll need a police certificate or statement for all of the cities that you live in, in the USA, IF you are going to file something that gets adjudicated in GUZ. So, a few days before you LEAVE a US City, go visit the police department, have them prepare a statement for you.

There is NO US "Police Cert" this is handled by USCIS, NVC, and consulate when they do name checks.

Note: Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates covering their residence in the U.S.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in...195.html#police