Move to China

may1844

PSB = Public Security Bureau. Is a branch of the Police. Sorry, I thought you knew that.

Hi,

My take is that If I go to China with tourist visa and marry her, we go to PSB and they change my visa to residency visa without any problem.

Thanks for your help.

Luckily, 'your take' matches reality.

But.

Before you make the jump.

Remember - you'll be slinging a DCF'd I-130. Get your US Domicile in order, prepare your taxes for the last few years, sink a chunk of money into a savings account somewhere at HSBC...

I wrote up a big 'reply' to Tsap Suei about 6 months ago on 'what to do' - use the search feature here, find it, follow my model.

PM me if you have any questions, AFTER you use the search feature.

Hi,

If I apply directly to US Consulate in China to petition my wife. Would It be faster to get an interview than petitions submitted in US?

Thanks!

Yes. 4 to 8 months. Are you a reader? There's TONS of stuff on this web portal, please have a read. Take a week, even.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

My wife said you can also apply for some of the teaching jobs in the city where your so lives( in most cases, it will be very easy). If you get one, they will issue you a job visa good for one or half year. Then you can go from there.

Good luck

I'm currently living in China with my wife who just passed her interview for the visa. If you marry her and want to live with her I was told you could get either a 6 month or 1 year visa (sorry, i dont remember which) but you couldnt legally work or earn money in China with this visa. If you want or need to work, I also suggest you get a teaching job which are rather easy to come by. They'll support your visa and you'll have something to do instead of hanging around the house waiting for your honey to come home. Or if you have money perhaps you could study Chinese in a university which can also support your visa.

About the visa process, I filed my papers with the Beijing consulate in March and got awarded the interview last month but we postponed until November. So about 7-8 months I guess for us.

Hi,

If I apply directly to US Consulate in China to petition my wife. Would It be faster to get an interview than petitions submitted in US?

Thanks!

Yes. 4 to 8 months. Are you a reader? There's TONS of stuff on this web portal, please have a read. Take a week, even.

Hi,

I can take 6 months of leave from my work without losing my position, If I marry her stay in China for 6 months, and come back to work for 3 months in US then go back to China for another 2 months. I think by that time would be her interview.

can I be considerd as a resident in China to apply directly to the consulate.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I already posted that my fiance got white paper on Nov 3rd If she gets denied again on the new K-1 that I filed two weeks ago and hired an attorney to take care of old k-1 visa, and the new K-1 visa.

I am planning to marry her and move to China, I want to live in China until she get a visa then we move to US.

Do I directly apply to the Consulate in China, since I would be resident in China?

Is it faster to get visa directly from US Consulate in China?

How do I get a visa for residency?

Thanks!

If you are having problems with the USA Visa,and you really want to be married to this person,then I suggest you just get married.

It WILL make the Chinese Visa easier on you.

You will be "married",so you will feel more free to make travel back to the USA alone if needed.

I stayed 2 years in China using SEVERAL 30 Day Tourist visas and extensions,and going to HongKong and Thailand every 3 months to get a new visa.

All this time I was afraid to return to America because we never could know when we would get the interview.

Just get married and feel like a human being again.

My wife said you can also apply for some of the teaching jobs in the city where your so lives( in most cases, it will be very easy). If you get one, they will issue you a job visa good for one or half year. Then you can go from there.

Good luck

Don't you have to be a teacher, to apply for a teaching job?

Good luck

Nope, not if it is being an English teacher.

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

Good luck

Hi,

Have you petition a new visa, or you will wait for the package to be send back to appeal?

I think you should not wait for appeal may takes longer than new petition. You should email my attorney and ask him, what to do? He will give you some information without hiring him.

Ramin.