Move to China

may1844

Hi everyone,

I already posted that my fiance got white paper on Nov 3rd If she gets denied again on the new K-1 that I filed two weeks ago and hired an attorney to take care of old k-1 visa, and the new K-1 visa.

I am planning to marry her and move to China, I want to live in China until she get a visa then we move to US.

Do I directly apply to the Consulate in China, since I would be resident in China?

Is it faster to get visa directly from US Consulate in China?

How do I get a visa for residency?

Thanks!

I do have a feeling that it will be easier for you to get a long-term visa to stay in China once you have married her.

I have read a lot lately about China playing the hard ball with foreigners-- and making long-term visas difficult if not impossible..

BUt my experience was always easy at the CHinese Consulate here -- as I always made it clear on the application and to the people at the window that I was staying with my HUSBAnD.

IF I had just been visiting him as a friend or (non-relative) it probably would have been more difficult.

my 2 cents :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

I already posted that my fiance got white paper on Nov 3rd If she gets denied again on the new K-1 that I filed two weeks ago and hired an attorney to take care of old k-1 visa, and the new K-1 visa.

I am planning to marry her and move to China, I want to live in China until she get a visa then we move to US.

Do I directly apply to the Consulate in China, since I would be resident in China?

Thanks!

and hopefully you'll be able to maintain enough income that's required to bring her here...

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

If you married her in China, and wanted to stay there until successful awarding of a visa for her - When yer in China, and married:

go the the PSB with her, your marriage certificate, your passport, her china id, and get a temporary residency permit. These are awarded anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, depending ...

If you married her in China, and wanted to stay there until successful awarding of a visa for her - When yer in China, and married:

go the the PSB with her, your marriage certificate, your passport, her china id, and get a temporary residency permit. These are awarded anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, depending ...

Hi,

What is PSB?

Where is PSB in China?

I was so worried that they don't give me residency permit, I want to give her at least one good news that If I marry her in China. I can stay with her until she get the visa.

Thanks!

PSB = Public Security Bureau. Is a branch of the Police. Sorry, I thought you knew that.

Hi,

My take is that If I go to China with tourist visa and marry her, we go to PSB and they change my visa to residency visa without any problem.

Thanks for your help.

Is no longer 'a visa' - is a residency permit. Which, IMO/E, trumps 'a visa'.

Good Luck !

PSB = Public Security Bureau. Is a branch of the Police. Sorry, I thought you knew that.

Hi,

My take is that If I go to China with tourist visa and marry her, we go to PSB and they change my visa to residency visa without any problem.

Thanks for your help.

Good Luck !

Hi,

If I apply directly to US Consulate in China to petition my wife. Would It be faster to get an interview than petitions submitted in US?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Good Luck !

Hi,

If I apply directly to US Consulate in China to petition my wife. Would It be faster to get an interview than petitions submitted in US?

Thanks!

Usually MUCH quicker...6 months, sometimes less for some.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Good Luck !

Thanks, for your information.

Hi,

Thanks!

Usually MUCH quicker...6 months, sometimes less for some.

tsap seui