The curse of McD's and KFC

They always want to blame fast food. Its not the food, its the additives. The additives are found in fast food and prepackaged food. Countries turning to prepackaged food are starting to have health problems, they need to learn from our mistakes... If its Hydrogenated, Modified, Hydrolized or Sodomized it does not belong in your food!

If you eat fast food in sufficient quantities, which kids in China and the US are obviously doing, no amount of exercise/activity will prevent ALL the related effects such as high cholesterol, diabetes and heart disease. Yes, you can ward off obesity with proper exercise. But the other health problems can be present without the obesity.

And yes, much like the tar and nicotine in cigarettes, it's the additives in fast food that are the real problem. But, just as tar and nicotine need a delivery system, aka cigarettes, so do the additives, aka Big Macs. You don't buy tar and nicotine or additives in their raw form. You buy the delivery system. Both industries have utilized multi-billion dollar marketing campaigns to get people to buy billions of them. Both have targeted the young to get them hooked on what they hope will be a lifetime habit. And both have been very effective. :smartass:

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

Unfortunately fast food will affect you if you dont counter what you're eating. Fast food isn't the real problem... LAZINESS IS. I have friends who have great bodies but eat tons of fast food, however they're very active peopel and work out and take care of themselves.

Obesity is always considered being the fault of the food, and not the person. We're the ones putting food into our body, so we should take responsibility for the figure we get as well. This is also like the thread where media was being blamed for the naughty behavior of youngsters.

Just teach your kids right and make them go outside to play instead of sitting and playing games, and this junk wouldn't be a problem.

Sorry but I have to disagree, what you eat is the cause of your illness unless its a virus or other parasite, and what you eat still has an effect on how well your body handles those things. Cholesterol is not meant to be eaten by herbivore's (we are herbivore's let there be no mistake) our stomachs are just like herbivore's and our ancestors are herbivore's (who some times eat insects) our livers are not made to process Cholesterol (which is only found in animal protein, aka meat milk etc...) This is the cause of Diabetes most cancers and of course Obesity. Your friends being skinny may have to do with them being active but it will catch up with them once their livers and other body organs can no longer take the damage, that or they may be like me, I have celiacs disease which has allowed me to eat whatever I want all my life and not gain any weight (do to wheat allergy's my lower intestine was damaged and unable to absorb nutrients which caused malnutrition and anemia when I was younger) so here I am 6 ft 4 inches tall and 120 pounds.

What you eat has the most impact on your health, not exercise, but that does come a close second.

Guest WenDylan

Unfortunately fast food will affect you if you dont counter what you're eating. Fast food isn't the real problem... LAZINESS IS. I have friends who have great bodies but eat tons of fast food, however they're very active peopel and work out and take care of themselves.

Obesity is always considered being the fault of the food, and not the person. We're the ones putting food into our body, so we should take responsibility for the figure we get as well. This is also like the thread where media was being blamed for the naughty behavior of youngsters.

Just teach your kids right and make them go outside to play instead of sitting and playing games, and this junk wouldn't be a problem.

Sorry but I have to disagree, what you eat is the cause of your illness unless its a virus or other parasite, and what you eat still has an effect on how well your body handles those things. Cholesterol is not meant to be eaten by herbivore's (we are herbivore's let there be no mistake) our stomachs are just like herbivore's and our ancestors are herbivore's (who some times eat insects) our livers are not made to process Cholesterol (which is only found in animal protein, aka meat milk etc...) This is the cause of Diabetes most cancers and of course Obesity. Your friends being skinny may have to do with them being active but it will catch up with them once their livers and other body organs can no longer take the damage, that or they may be like me, I have celiacs disease which has allowed me to eat whatever I want all my life and not gain any weight (do to wheat allergy's my lower intestine was damaged and unable to absorb nutrients which caused malnutrition and anemia when I was younger) so here I am 6 ft 4 inches tall and 120 pounds.

What you eat has the most impact on your health, not exercise, but that does come a close second.

Your right Carl. I have a dietitian and doctor for my Crohn's disease, and I know the effects of fast-food more than anyone else. There are other things in fast-food such as MSG and chemicals to make foods last longer, whether it be cold storage, or in the hot bin.

Long story short, the likelihood for a flare increases with products which aren't natural to or beneficial to body nutrient absorption. If I am flaring, and other people who don't have such a severe intolerance to certain foods, different side-effects may take hold, regardless of exercise.

I was only speaking about the obesity, not all the diseases. Diseases happen for a variety of reasons. However many parents will not encourage thier children to maintain an active and healthy life. They let them sit on the computer or on video games and let them eat whatever they want, then when thier kids get obese and they blame the food.

I don't mean that you can eat unhealthy and excercise and you'll be just fine. I did not mean that in the slightest. However someone who already lives healthy and eats healthy can eat junk food without hardly any problems. You can't live entirely on junk food, and realy, the people that make that a primary part of thier diet need some serious help.

Having a healthy LIFESTYLE is what i should've said. That includes food, excercise, alcohol/cigarette/drug usage. I see less and less things promoting healthy lifestyles to kids. Most people also seems to think they are too busy to maintain a healthy lifestyle. There just needs to be a lot more education on how to live healthy and i don't think we'd see such severe problems with the fast food issue.

I was only speaking about the obesity, not all the diseases. Diseases happen for a variety of reasons. However many parents will not encourage thier children to maintain an active and healthy life. They let them sit on the computer or on video games and let them eat whatever they want, then when thier kids get obese and they blame the food.

I don't mean that you can eat unhealthy and excercise and you'll be just fine. I did not mean that in the slightest. However someone who already lives healthy and eats healthy can eat junk food without hardly any problems. You can't live entirely on junk food, and realy, the people that make that a primary part of thier diet need some serious help.

Having a healthy LIFESTYLE is what i should've said. That includes food, excercise, alcohol/cigarette/drug usage. I see less and less things promoting healthy lifestyles to kids. Most people also seems to think they are too busy to maintain a healthy lifestyle. There just needs to be a lot more education on how to live healthy and i don't think we'd see such severe problems with the fast food issue.

I agree with you whole heartedly, the problem is most of America is confused about what is healthy because of all the drug promotion, dairy promotion (in schools) and meat promotion. Got milk? Got Cancer? Is what they should be saying.

I agree with you whole heartedly, the problem is most of America is confused about what is healthy because of all the drug promotion, dairy promotion (in schools) and meat promotion. Got milk? Got Cancer? Is what they should be saying.

Ditto for soy promotion. Try finding any item in your cupboards or refridgerator (other than a whole food) that doesn't contain soy. Seriously... try.

But yes, lifestyle and food choice together make a whole picture.

My granddad had eggs and bacon every morning, gravy potatoes, cured meat, dessert with every dinner, lots of veggies too... but he still could have whooped any 2 of you when he was in his early 70's. Because he worked hard every day and enjoyed being active even when he didn't have to be.

Yet, while rare, I have seen fat vegetarians.

Certain diets weigh the deck in favor of health or not, certain lifestyles do the same. Combo bad and bad together and you have... hmmm me I guess... lol

Edited by Jeikun (see edit history)

Ditto for soy promotion. Try finding any item in your cupboards or refridgerator (other than a whole food) that doesn't contain soy. Seriously... try.

But yes, lifestyle and food choice together make a whole picture.

My granddad had eggs and bacon every morning, gravy potatoes, cured meat, dessert with every dinner, lots of veggies too... but he still could have whooped any 2 of you when he was in his early 70's. Because he worked hard every day and enjoyed being active even when he didn't have to be.

Yet, while rare, I have seen fat vegetarians.

Certain diets weigh the deck in favor of health or not, certain lifestyles do the same. Combo bad and bad together and you have... hmmm me I guess... lol

I agree exercise does a lot for you, you can definitely live longer while eating things your grandfather did, considering a scientific study done on soldiers who didn't come back alive from the Korean war who looked completely healthy and were, they had massive build up of plaque (fat) in their artery's. I guess what I'm trying to say is, looks can be deceiving. I wish I could eat those things and still be healthy like your granddad O_o

As for soy... I never heard of any problems with eating too much soy except for strange estrogen levels if you eat far far too much of it. It takes just a little milk to get Bovine Aids Virus of which 90% of cows in America are infected with, and yes its transferable to humans. Soy is no where on the same level of damaging the body as milk or meat's. And its quite unfortunate, I love me some bacon :lol:

:( Soy is the asbestos of the future :(

You mean in twenty years there's gonna be guys in moon suits scraping soy out of buildings all over the country? :D

maaaaybeee..... Or maybe the tofurkies are going to rise up in revolt and destroy all of our cellphones. :P

NOT OUR CELL PHONES!!! First the tofurkies took "Smiling BoB" and his hilarious, yet, phony baloney penis enlargement commercials off TV sets across america....NOW...our cell phones TOO??????? Oh the humanity...WOE IS US'IN!!!!

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)