Stamp for extension of temporary residence

We're still waiting for Qisheng's removal of conditions approval, last week we went to the US Homeland Sec. office and got a new stamp in his passport renewed last month in SF. They explained that the stamp is good for travelling and working, but..... I'm afraid that if he goes to China the chinese officers at the airport give trouble to him as he has not a "green card". The consulate officer at SF questioned about the stamp and had to consult with another officer before agreeing to process the passport renewal. If this happens in USA, imagine what could happen in China. He was planning to visit his family for the chinese new year but now I asked him to wait until he get his permanent green card. I feel terrible about this, but I will feel worst if later he can't leave China. Can anybody give me some light on the subject?

Mari!!!! so nice to see you here again. Please don't be such a stranger and please do tell us how you have been since your last visit.

He wouldn't have any trouble re-entering the US. I haven't heard of anyone having trouble with the Chinese authorities. I know people who traveled to China on AP without a green card who had no problems. Still it may be wise to error on the side of caution and postpone the visit until he has the ten green in hand.

Carl, thanks for your reply. I know I can always get a wise answer from my old friends at Candle. To be on the safe side I prefer that he stay until he gets the card. This because the officer at Homeland Sec. told us that she thinks that he will not get an answer until around March or April, because it seems he's going through a security check now. An it seems that we will have to go for another interview.

Life has been good, Qisheng and me have been married for 3.5 years and have a stable marriage. He and my daughter have got along well, which is great considering that she's 20 years old and have never been and easy child. The only problem is that he has not been able to keep a stable job because of the language barrier. Even though Puerto Rico is a territory of USA and english is a mandatory subject in schools, and most of the textbooks are written in english, many people are not able to speak it fluently, so I noticed they rather have a spanish speaking employee in their companies. Qisheng has been studying a lot but has not got to the point yet where he could have a full conversation in spanish.

He have had two jobs, one where he resigned because the working conditions were terrible, and a professional services contract that lasted less than one year because the company had to cut expenses. On top of that we had to cancel an option to buy a commercial space for a fast food restaurant in a medical office building because the offices had been selling very slow. Now we're negotiating other options but to rent a space. Hopefully we would get something soon, because Qisheng is not very happy staying at home every day. He helps a lot around the house and goes to the gym every day, but you can imagine knowing the chinese mentality how he feels not being able to provide for the family.

I have always been an optimistic person, and have the motto "today you cry, tomorrow you act". So I withdrew some money from my savings plan at the bank to provide for the months to come, and where lucky enough to get a call from the university where I used to teach accounting and was offered a class (after 4 years of not hearing from them). So can't complain.

As you can imagine I have not much spare time left to visit Candle but once in a while I spend some moments late at night. I'm very glad that things have gone well for you and Bing, you deserved the best also. Take care.

Regarding return from China with AP... we actually did have a bit of trouble returning from Nanning a few weeks ago with AP. The official at Nanning airport did NOT understand the AP. He called his supervisor who also did not understand. I tried explaining it in English with my SO translating for them, and it still was NOT getting through. They did not want to let her leave.

Fortunately, in our case, we had a backup plan. As we were flying to Vancouver, BC, and then driving to Seattle, we had obtained a standard Canada tourist visa for my SO. In the end, China let her out on account of having a valid tourist visa for Canada, and we had tickets showing that was our final destination (at least final by air).

Note your topic title is a bit off. You are a Lawful "PERMANENT" Residence. NOT TEMPORARY.

Residence is PERMANENT until USCIS says otherwise.

If you have I-751 receipt, that is your extension letter and extends PERMANENT residence for up to a year, and residence remains permanent beyond the I-751's expiration until a decision is made on the I-751, if it goes beyond the expiration date of the NOA1 letter then schedule an info pass appointment and get an I-551 stamp in passport.