Need some advice ????

Should I just cancel the I-129F and just go with the I-130 ?

Maybe it takes longer for the I-130 but I have waited this long whats another 10 months(smile).

I know deep in my heart the I-129F will reach GUZ first and then it would jeopordize my chances of having the next interview in Hong Kong where we were married with the I-130.

Still waiting for both NOA-2's

Should I just cancel the I-129F and just go with the I-130 ?

Maybe it takes longer for the I-130 but I have waited this long whats another 10 months(smile).

I know deep in my heart the I-129F will reach GUZ first and then it would jeopordize my chances of having the next interview in Hong Kong where we were married with the I-130.

Still waiting for both NOA-2's

Hi Brokenheart,

Read my post at :

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34000

it is really hard to answer questions if one doesn't have any background information........ :blink:

Tom and Ling

The I-130 would be handled at GUZ.

The K-3 / I-129F MIGHT be handled in HKG IF/F

1. you were married in HKG

2. you filled out 'Hong Kong' in the form for 'where to interview'.

I'm confoos'ed by yer post.

there is really nothing to cancel... they are like two horses in the race now...

It's possible, that like others I recall who refiled after denials and then sat at USCIS on the re-file... maybe it's because the original denial is holding it up.

Did you every submit the cancel the original I-129F/K1 ?

I tend to think that is causing the issues... changing your current filing doesn't seem to me to do anything.

Canceling the I-129F would only get you a CR-1 interview in Guangzhou NOT HK.

CR/IR interviews take place in country of nationality (China) K-3 interview can take place in country of marriage (HK)

Canceling the I-129F would only get you a CR-1 interview in Guangzhou NOT HK.

CR/IR interviews take place in country of nationality (China) K-3 interview can take place in country of marriage (HK)

I think the mention about cancelling the I-129F for fiancee K1... the original one which was denied and returned to US...

From reading the OP's signature:

02/07 married in Hong Kong & Shenzhen sightsee (1 month stay)

11/07 I-130 sent in

01/08 NOA-1

04/08 I-129F sent

05/08 NOA-1

and post: "Should I just cancel the I-129F and just go with the I-130 ?"

It sounds like they are considering trying to cancel the K-3 portion of their petition and keeping the (CR-1 I-130) processing.

Two flawed reasonings.

1) Once started (K-3) attempting to cancel the I-129F tends to kill the whole petition killing the I-130 too.

2) It is the K-3 the gets interviewed in the country of marriage, CR-1 would NOT get interviewed in country of marriage but in country of residence (CHINA)

The OP is best off leaving the I-129F alone and interviewing for the K-3 in Hong Kong.

• 3 weeks later...

dnoblett -

Thankfully, the OP redid his timeline, one can CLEARLY see the original I-129F and the subsequent denial.

BrokenHeart - Thanks for updating yer timeline - NOW, it all makes sense, even belatedly...

You can still chase the K-3 to HKG, that's still available to you...

The I-129F (K-3) would go to Hong Kong. The I-130 (CR-1) would go to GUZ.

Since you filed the I-129F, it will go to Hong Kong. The I-130 will be held in the US unless you request to have it forwarded to GUZ by filing the I-824.

From every thing I have been reading I-129F and I-130 are being approved at the same time and both are being sent on to NVC, USCIS was doing the holding of I-130 last winter but have since stopped that practice. Probabbly were getting sued, the original intent of the K-3 was to run parallel to the CR-1 not replace the CR-1.

Te problem, I have seen with people attempting to cancel the K-3 process and trying to keep the CR-1 moving, is that once you file the I-129F the 2 visa cases get linked, and if you try to cancle one you end up killing both.

Keep both horses running, and interview for the K-3 in HK, and if you keep the CR-1 moving, and it reaches GUZ before your planned travel date you may interview for the CR-1 and then use the CR-1 to enter the USA, saving you form having to adjust status from the K-3.