Notarization

Hi everyone, nice to hear some of the good news coming on here lately. I'm going to be sending out the I-129f package for K1 on Monday, but was wondering about this issue. For "evidence" items such as boarding passes, visas, etc-- should I send in the originals, copies, or notarized copies? For proof of citizenship, I'll send in an original birth certificate, but for something like my boarding passes, I was just planning on making copies and sending. Any thoughts?

T&T

I filed K3 and the evidence is a little different from K1, but as far as any evidence is concerned, I filed copies of everything (in color, signed, SSN#, and dated.) If you have originals to send, that would be better and as far as any notarization of anything, I dont think it is necessary. But make sure from some of the other K1 filers first. There might be something different than from K3.

%%-good luck

from http://www.k1faq.com/#3.1

" FAQ Note about evidence. You need to send copies of evidence that you and your fiance(e) have met personally within the previous two years. Items such items as photos, copies of passport stamps, copies of airline tickets, help prove this. In the past many petitioners faced a delay when the INS sent them a request for additional evidence or information.

In addition, the I-129F (version 10-06-00) indicates the INS wants "original statements" from the US Citizen and foreign fiance(e) regarding mutual intent to marry within 90 days, plus "copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent". (As time goes by, we will document what people tell the newsgroup regarding this evidence, but the "original statement" can be a simple letter attesting that you do indeed intend to marry within 90 days. Each of you can write such a letter, or a single letter can be written and signed by both of you.)

A..(newsgroup)..I have original signed statements from both of us (not notarized), evidence of meeting in the past two years, evidence of a valid relationship (by way of letters, engagement ring recpt and engagement photos, and tons of phone cards)."

--------------------------------------------------------------

It is not necessary to send your original birth certificate unless you don't want it back. A copy is fine. I sent a copy of my citizen paper.

Back when I filed the I-129F...which was back in 2002 March....whatever originals you did NOT send in, you would possibly have to provide the original when your fiance goes to the final interview at the consulate. We however, did not have to show anything except my original passport :D I had copies of it sent to the TSC of course you dont want to send the passport! g'luck!