. . .

Also, if they did it must be reported on one of the 3 main credit agencies. I haven't seen anything on my credit reports and I'd bet you won't find it with anyone else.

But a conspiracy theory could be built around this topic.

OK - that should be reassuring for our friend here, although I would have thought the FBI would have fairly broad authority to conduct the background check

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

. . .

Also, if they did it must be reported on one of the 3 main credit agencies. I haven't seen anything on my credit reports and I'd bet you won't find it with anyone else.

OK - that should be reassuring for our friend here, although I would have thought the FBI would have fairly broad authority to conduct the background check

I would think a credit check would only be nessicary if you didn't have a co-signer and your income looked suspicious

. . .

I would think a credit check would only be nessicary if you didn't have a co-signer and your income looked suspicious

Go for it! I'd be the last to discourage anyone

Guest Tony n Terrific

There is nothing about yor creit worthiness to get a visa. Maybe back child support or IRS taxes and fines may hurt you.

I can access all 3 credit bureaus and there has been no credit check by the US Government of any type on my credit accounts.

. . .

They don't need a credit check to validate your income, Congress did give them the ability to confirm documents submited as evidence such as Tax returns.

listen to lee, if credit checks was part of the process my wife and daughter would still be in china, i had to go into bankrupsy a few years back, it saved my ass,but messed up my credit real bad, but i have been working real hard on restoring it,poverty guide line and income is what they look at, some may remember my blue slip problem, it was all about income,