China Taiwan Relations...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Bubba, I know yer a-tryin.. But... My Reality is a bit nasty. and here it goes... follow me, pay attention...

Taiwanese folk in da USA totally LOATHE PRC people in the USA. They will go out of their way to 'ding' a PRC person , anytime, any where, with any means - legal or illegal.

I note, to study WHY Taiwan was formed, the BASIC reason for being, WHY to migrate to Taiwan during WW-II - was useful to me. So I ask YOU - do you know why Taiwan exists?

Warmest Regards...

Darnell, I tried to follow you, but you turned left when you shoulda turned right. When I visited Taiwan a few weeks back, I asked several people about their thoughts of China. Almost everyone is in favor of good relations with China. A few, however didn't much care for the idea at all.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubba, I know yer a-tryin.. But... My Reality is a bit nasty. and here it goes... follow me, pay attention...

Taiwanese folk in da USA totally LOATHE PRC people in the USA. They will go out of their way to 'ding' a PRC person , anytime, any where, with any means - legal or illegal.

I note, to study WHY Taiwan was formed, the BASIC reason for being, WHY to migrate to Taiwan during WW-II - was useful to me. So I ask YOU - do you know why Taiwan exists?

Warmest Regards...

Darnell, I tried to follow you, but you turned left when you shoulda turned right. When I visited Taiwan a few weeks back, I asked several people about their thoughts of China. Almost everyone is in favor of good relations with China. A few, however didn't much care for the idea at all.

That's a shame, really. Ask yer lass to wallop you until you are unconscious. Otherwise, you'd have to ask ME to do it.

When you next return to the USA, spend a few weeks studying why this is important.

But hey - thanks for the useful repartee... Grunt once for yes,twice for no???? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Yer personal visit to Taiwan has NOTHING to do with what I wrote moments ago. I beg of you, to re-read what I wrote, at least twice, before replying again.. TIA !

Guest ShaQuaNew

Warmest Regards...

That's a shame, really. Ask yer lass to wallop you until you are unconscious. Otherwise, you'd have to ask ME to do it.

When you next return to the USA, spend a few weeks studying why this is important.

But hey - thanks for the useful repartee... Grunt once for yes,twice for no???? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Yer personal visit to Taiwan has NOTHING to do with what I wrote moments ago. I beg of you, to re-read what I wrote, at least twice, before replying again.. TIA !

Sorry, just returned from the restroom. I was grunting one out just for you. As for wallops, well, feel free to start without me.

The nice thing about being where you are, is that you are there and not anywhere else. It's kinda nice actually as the wonderful thing is that you can observe and learn no matter where you are; nice knowing that no-one is restricted to living in the US to learn about things.

As for Taiwan, it's quite a bit more complicated than your tossing about of silly anecdotes. It does however seem to be an island off the coast of China.

All is not well in Taiwan, as there are many people there who are very upset with any warming of relations with China. On the other hand, there are also many people and businesses that will benefit with a loosening on travel and tourism. Add to it, an increase in the exchange of consumer goods and business partnerships, you have the beginnings of change. My company has its main office in Taiwan, so I often ask the people there about their thoughts about these recent changes. The people that were born and raised there are embarrassed by the President Chen scandal, and while apprehensive of the new president, are mostly in agreement that warming up to China is a good thing.

So you work for a Taiwanese Company, in a satellite office in China.

*Sigh*...

I'm sorry, I find it impossible to throw any meaningful dialogue with you about this topic. Have a good Day !!

Anecdotes? Wow. Ok - I'll bow to yer superior [sic] knowledge then.

Enjoy !

YSAFI

;)

Ya Think So ? Really ? My wallet begs to differ - lets compare?

For Those Acronym Afficianados -

YSAFI = You're Such a F*cking Idiot ..

Sorry, that's really low, even coming from you..

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

All is not well in Taiwan, as there are many people there who are very upset with any warming of relations with China. On the other hand, there are also many people and businesses that will benefit with a loosening on travel and tourism. Add to it, an increase in the exchange of consumer goods and business partnerships, you have the beginnings of change. My company has its main office in Taiwan, so I often ask the people there about their thoughts about these recent changes. The people that were born and raised there are embarrassed by the President Chen scandal, and while apprehensive of the new president, are mostly in agreement that warming up to China is a good thing.

So you work for a Taiwanese Company, in a satellite office in China.

*Sigh*...

I'm sorry, I find it impossible to throw any meaningful dialogue with you about this topic. Have a good Day !!

I agree. You do have trouble throwing meaningful dialog.

America play an important role on Taiwan issue :( sigh. It is just international relationship.

We can only hope that America learns to start keeping it's expansionist nose out of it.

;)

Expansionist? When is the last time we took an inch of dirt from another country and kept it?

Actually I think the US's stance in regards to Taiwan keeps getting smarter. It went from "Taiwan is the legetimate government of China in exile." to "PRC is the legitamate government, but in a conflict we will support Taiwan." to "PRC is the legitimate government, and we will only become involved militarily if Taiwan is attacked without provocation."

We went from locking ourselves in to potential military conflict with China to leaving a loophole we would undoubtedly use to never let such a thing happen no matter what happened :(

I think the progerss is good. It may be a rocky road, but I see eventual peaceful reunification as the nearly certain outcome. When and under what circumstances is the only real question.

America play an important role on Taiwan issue :( sigh. It is just international relationship.

We can only hope that America learns to start keeping it's expansionist nose out of it.

;)

Expansionist? When is the last time we took an inch of dirt from another country and kept it?

Actually I think the US's stance in regards to Taiwan keeps getting smarter. It went from "Taiwan is the legetimate government of China in exile." to "PRC is the legitamate government, but in a conflict we will support Taiwan." to "PRC is the legitimate government, and we will only become involved militarily if Taiwan is attacked without provocation."

We went from locking ourselves in to potential military conflict with China to leaving a loophole we would undoubtedly use to never let such a thing happen no matter what happened :P

I think the progerss is good. It may be a rocky road, but I see eventual peaceful reunification as the nearly certain outcome. When and under what circumstances is the only real question.

I am afraid if China devote 500 billion USD more for the crisis. America will admit Taiwan is China's :(

Then what? there are still sea area problems with Japan, and still it has something to do with America :o

Edited by Dylan's Wendy (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

;)

We went from locking ourselves in to potential military conflict with China to leaving a loophole we would undoubtedly use to never let such a thing happen no matter what happened :(

Right. The treaty does obligate the US to defend Taiwan if it is attacked. Taiwan remains a rouge country, not recognized by the UN.

As for the US being expansionist, I will accept your point that I was a bit strong. One could debate that the method of gaining land, or expanding borders is quite a bit more subtle than openly conquering and claiming it as it's own. After WWII, the US claimed a good deal of territory. None of it is claimed as part of the US, but the fact that we occupy the area militarily means to me, that it is indeed part of the US. Japan, Germany, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Korea, just to mention a few.

Before WWII, a good deal of US land was claimed by both acts of war, and just simply claiming it to be their own, or getting a good deal on it for cash.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Bully America will only dare to bomb little countries, won't start any real fire with China. Otherwise WWIII will bomb the earth :( They go finance war instead

America use all the conflict issues on China as a jeton to pin China for other issues ;)

I like America. otherwise China will still have to suffered a few more years from Nasty Japan during WW2. :(

Guest ShaQuaNew

Bully America will only dare to bomb little countries, won't start any real fire with China. Otherwise WWIII will bomb the earth :( They go finance war instead

America use all the conflict issues on China as a jeton to pin China for other issues ;)

I like America. otherwise China will still have to suffered a few more years from Nasty Japan during WW2. :(

It's really sad what the Japanese did in China during WWII. Right here in Nanjing, thousands of Chinese were killed by Japanese soldiers. My daughter Sarah, visited the Martyr's site a couple of weeks ago. Those sorts of things turn my stomach, and I'm a bit weak to not go myself. Perhaps one day I will.

Enough of the pissing match. There is truth in both of your positions. I have seen my wife get pissed when she picked up a Taiwanese American newspaper and read some of the anti PRC propoganda. I have also met some Taiwanese people who look down their nose at PRC people. These are people who have been in the US for a long time and are out of touch with current events in Taiwan. I think Taiwan people are pragmatic enough to realize that their fates are intertwined with the PRC whether they like it or not. They realize that it is in their best interests to have a more friendly relationship with the PRC. In short you are both right and both wrong.