Gift from China!

I received a big box in the mail today. I knew it was coming, just didnt know when. It cost my wife 225 yuan. Gosh, if i had known that.... i would never allowed her to send it. That is almost a weeks pay for her!

Anyways, It was dried Longan, and Mooncake. I tried the dried Longan first as i was curious about it. It was like a huge nut shell that had to be cracked open and inside was a dried fruit that resembled something like a plum or prune. The seed was huge. Said what the heck and skinned the dried fruit off of the seed and ate it. It was quite tasty, in fact i liked it. I would love to try one fresh. I read somewhere that Florida has Longans, but no other state has them.

Then i tried the Mooncake. My wife said it was very sweet, with a sweet filling inside. My inial reaction was it tasted like a Miniature Pecan pie without the pecans. And it was not near as sweet as my wife led me to believe. Truth is, it was just Okay. Nothing to write home about, but of course i will never tell her this....hahaha! "Oh darling, it was the most wonderful thing i have ever tasted"...Hahaha!

Anyways, just thought i'd share that with you.

On my way to Nanning in 10 days, Patrick

I had my first taste of moon cake a couple of weeks ago and found it to be less than plesant. Kind of dry and heavy. How ever :D......... We were in Shanghai Thursday and I had a <sp?>Haegen Daus</sp?> Moon cake that was to die for. Dark Chocolate on the outside and strawberry ice cream on the inside...Mmmmm Mmmmm good!!!!

Then i tried the Mooncake. My wife said it was very sweet, with a sweet filling inside. My inial reaction was it tasted like a Miniature Pecan pie without the pecans. And it was not near as sweet as my wife led me to believe. Truth is, it was just Okay. Nothing to write home about, but of course i will never tell her this....hahaha! "Oh darling, it was the most wonderful thing i have ever tasted"...Hahaha!

The mooncake was probably not fresh when you got it. I mean it usually took a long time to ship anything from China. Eating mooncake with your lover is very romantic for the Chinese tradition.