Guangzhou crisis

Well everyone,

It's been 11 days in GUZ...expensive hotel rates and bored to death.

No sign of a VISA.

Post office told him very clear he CANNOT pick up on SAT, SUN or MON.

(although others have told me they were able).

The inconsistencies of this visa process could drive anybody crazy.

Tuesday, we both e-mailed the consulate.

Their response to both of us was: sorry we cannot determine you are the petitioner or beneficiary by the e-mail you are using (WHY DON'T THEY HAVE MY HUSBAND'S AND MINE email ADDY IN HIS CASE FILE???? I INCLUDED IT EVERYWHERE from the time we applied for this CR-1)

THey told us that we can FAX them and then they can Send the answer BY MAIL.

HOW ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS IS THAT???

So, let the person stay there 2 weeks...no idea what is going on-- and perhaps even the mail is lost-- NO FEEDBACK and NO communication avenue he can use to make sure about this? SO, he's expected to just wait there INDEFINITELY????? 1 MONTH PERHAPS? 3 MONTHS? 6 MONTHS? THE REST OF HIS LIFE AND NO RESPONSE AND NO COMMUNICATION AND NO WAY TO FIND OUT WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

COME ON UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT IMMIGRATION UNIT IN GUZ!!!!!

BE REALISTIC FOR DOG SAKES!!!!!

And HE HAS TO LEAVE GUZ!!!! HE cannot continue to stay there.

So, he's said he's buying a train ticket tomorrow and leaving after he checks for the visa one more time.

that's it.

I don't know what to do.

I'm not in GUZ so I can't go to the US Citizen window to get info or complain.

So, as a Chinese citizen and applicant for CR-1 he has NO way to communicate with the GUZ to find the status of that damn post office delivery?

Any suggestions or info....anything you've heard will be beneficial.

I even tried calling their silly phone system (where nobody has a clue about anything) and they won't take either of my credit cards online to pay for it. I'm absolutely disappointed in the way our gov't is running their operation over there so difficult!!

THey're not only making it difficult for HIM, they're making it difficult for ME.

Thanks

sorry for the dump. :flowers_and_kisses:

Guest Rob & Jin

We waited 12 days post interview for our visa (broken printer) :rolleyes: . We got a speedy response from them after faxing= they called Jin on her cell phone (amazed us that did) to explain.

Check with DOS too they can tell "approved- not issued" or "approved- issued" then its on the move.

Hang in there :)

Yea, you're being feed bull crap by China Postal and by GUZ.

1.) My wife went to pick up her Visa on Saturday both time.

2.) Why do they need to verified your email to response to you?

I email GUZ all the time and I have used 4 different email address and they never once told me they won't response because they can't verify.

Try DOS to see if they have anything on their computer? I would keep emailing them everyday. That's silly that they wouldn't even give a status.

I email GUZ all the time and I have used 4 different email address and they never once told me they won't response because they can't verify.

To discuss case specifics they need a verified email address.

That is an real nightmare they are putting you through. They show no understanding whatsoever of the difficulties they can cause.

Thanks for your info Rob and Jin,

I called DOS too-- they said, still in admin processing and they had no entry about anything to do with the visa being issued.

Strange.

I also took down what I think was my husband's EMS # and tried tracking it online-- NOTHING. No information on that number. Either he didn't understand and it's the wrong # or they haven't even touched it or processed it yet.

?

I will fax them-- that's a last-ditch effort. However, they said very specifically on the e-mail to both of us that we can "fax them" but they will MAIL to us the response. Now, that doesn't make much sense if we're trying to get an answer about the status of the visa processing so my husband can know what to do and how to budget his time and money for this stay in GUZ if he has to go home to his home city to get the mail response OR I have to wait for it to get here (could be one month) to the US. How silly is that?

I even gave them a local Guangzhou phone number they can call my husband at.

So, I'll try the fax method...that's the only avenue we have left.

Can he go to the window at GUZ and ask them directly? He says they won't talk to him even if he tries.

?

Thanks for the tip!

I asked him to be patient-- he says "no more money and waste my time-- have to go back to work and help my parents".

Not much I can do at this point-- because I'm in the U.S.

:)

We waited 12 days post interview for our visa (broken printer) :rolleyes: . We got a speedy response from them after faxing= they called Jin on her cell phone (amazed us that did) to explain.

Check with DOS too they can tell "approved- not issued" or "approved- issued" then its on the move.

Hang in there :D

Hi Randy W,

Yes, this is an interesting problem. I thought that by providing my e-mail address on (each and every) piece of paper that I supplied to the gov't through the whole process (the whole process) and my husband's e-mail addy as well, that they could easily verify either of them...i"m not sure how to verify the e-mail addy.

I guess I could try to add it into the fax to them and send a fax every day and drive them crazy (or tick them off)

?

Thanks for the support

appreciate it :rolleyes:

To discuss case specifics they need a verified email address.

That is an real nightmare they are putting you through. They show no understanding whatsoever of the difficulties they can cause.

homersimpsons,

Interesting.

I'm not sure why they need our e-mail verified-- and why can't they verify it-- it's on every piece of paper I supplied to them along the way (my e-mail and my husband's e-mail).

I was extremely thorough in doing that.-- amounts to nothing I suppose.

One reason I'm so frustrated is that my husband is really planning to leave tomorrow if there's no visa...and I can't seem to stop him....I'm not in China and can't help him adn he's got to get back to work (his boss is not happy and told him to get back) and without a visa, he can't really risk losing his job-- and also his parents are needing his help right now-- it's stressing him out so he said, "I have to go tomorrow".

There's nothing I can do.

I asked him to just start the process to have GUZ mail it to him but it's supposedly not an easy thing to do? He has to do some paperwork and sign something and have Mr. Yang sign something or whatever...not easy and not quick-- could also take a few more days and he doesn't have the time.

Oh well.

?

Yea, you're being feed bull crap by China Postal and by GUZ.

1.) My wife went to pick up her Visa on Saturday both time.

Try DOS to see if they have anything on their computer? I would keep emailing them everyday. That's silly that they wouldn't even give a status.

Guest Rob & Jin

Strange that DOS dont have it at least "approved- not issued" yet, but I remember ours hung at "processing " a few days too.

If your husband can at least wait until tomorrow evening, as if visa approved ,printed and mailed friday he could pick it up this weekend.

Guz doesn't post to the PO until around 9pm (they do not post out at weekends).

If its not issued yet EMS wont have anything to track yet, that can only work once visa is leaving GUZ.

If its not issued tomorrow then it may be monday with a tuesday pick up.If he cant wait then get the Yangs to collect and post. Would hate to see him leave tomorrow just to have to return next week.

I know your frustration well, its horrible to be in this limbo.If you talk to the Yangs they will tell you this is pretty common, but why no-one knows.

good luck, best wishes

thanks Rob and Jin,

Your information is helpful.

Unfortunately, my husband is a VERY stubborn man and also careful not to lose his job at this point -- can't risk losing it until he has a visa in-hand.

I know you're right about the Yangs -- he should have done that. but my husband said he doesn't want to "waste any more money or time". He described it as a lengthy and difficult process in itself to have them be able to mail it to him. ?

I hope he's just angry and reactionary right now but will think...

He's so disgusted right now that he didn't call me all day or night and even closed his phone on ME when I called him and doesn't even want to talk to ME. He's very grumpy right now. :rolleyes:

Oh well....

I'm helpless here in CA for the moment.

I'll prepare a fax to GUZ for their morning (or will fax it soon) in hopes that it will help get us some answer before my husband LEAVES on the train.

That's all I can do. I can't even reach my husband to try to talk him out of this.

These situations can really put a strain on a relationship-- not easy...

Strange that DOS dont have it at least "approved- not issued" yet, but I remember ours hung at "processing " a few days too.

If your husband can at least wait until tomorrow evening, as if visa approved ,printed and mailed friday he could pick it up this weekend.

If its not issued yet EMS wont have anything to track yet, that can only work once visa is leaving GUZ.

If its not issued tomorrow then it may be monday with a tuesday pick up.If he cant wait then get the Yangs to collect and post. Would hate to see him leave tomorrow just to have to return next week.

I know your frustration well, its horrible to be in this limbo.If you talk to the Yangs they will tell you this is pretty common, but why no-one knows.

good luck, best wishes

thanks Rob and Jin,

Your information is helpful.

Unfortunately, my husband is a VERY stubborn man and also careful not to lose his job at this point -- can't risk losing it until he has a visa in-hand.

I know you're right about the Yangs -- he should have done that. but my husband said he doesn't want to "waste any more money or time". He described it as a lengthy and difficult process in itself to have them be able to mail it to him. ?

I hope he's just angry and reactionary right now but will think...

He's so disgusted right now that he didn't call me all day or night and even closed his phone on ME when I called him and doesn't even want to talk to ME. He's very grumpy right now. :blink:

Oh well....

I'm helpless here in CA for the moment.

I'll prepare a fax to GUZ for their morning (or will fax it soon) in hopes that it will help get us some answer before my husband LEAVES on the train.

That's all I can do. I can't even reach my husband to try to talk him out of this.

These situations can really put a strain on a relationship-- not easy...

good luck, best wishes

When we received the blue slip, GUZ asked for a "Evolution of Relationship" letter. I went on a 14 pages rant about their screwed up process and the emotional strain they put on people because their process is screwed up. I wrote an evolution of relationship letter and gave it to my wife to bring along for the interview. And guess what? They never asked to see it!!! And when we received our blue slip on visa pickup, that was the damn letter they requested us to provide.

They had opportunity to ask for these documents during the interview, but never once asked my wife for it.

Then they take another 4 months to read my letter? It's unbelieveable the crap they can put people through and not have any consequences.

The entire process is crap. They treat us as if we're all criminals.

OK - so he was told at the interview that it was to be pink. Now DOS says it's in administrative processing. This could be good or bad, depending. If bad, expect a blue slip. If good, expect a visa stamp in the passport. Yet another blue slip would be emotionally devastating to you both, especially after two other blue slips this year.

I'm sorry, I wish I had different outcomes for you.

He should go home immediately, IMO. YOU should keep checking with DOS.

One last thing - Since he used EMS, there was an EMS tracking number for the EMS shipping label that he filled out. Did he write down the EMS tracking number? If so - you can track the shipment online on the china post /EMS web portal.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

My friend when to Guangzhou last week to pickup her visa. She promised to call me when visa is in hand, but she hasn't yet.

Don't be upset with your husband. It is a lot of stress for both of you. As long as the visa is issued, he can always return to Guangzhou to pick it up.

Good luck!

Well, he left Guangzhou Saturday at 4pm on the train.

No visa--

Everyone's telling him that something "must be wrong". It's pretty hard to stay optimistic about this...

He feels there's something wrong...

I'm usually more optimistic but it's hard for me not to feel something's wrong, too.

Why else would it take this long?

He paid some guy (not Yang) whom he found on 001 who works for a company there in the consulate bldg-- for 200 less yuan than Mr. Yang does it for-- and they'll mail it for him.

I hope it will arrive soon (and I hope it's a visa that arrives-- not something else).

Because I'm 18 weeks preg. now...I hope to have my husband here with me soon. It's getting nerve racking. I can't stand the thought of having the baby by myself-- how sad and lonely! (not to mention difficult it will be on my own with our 5 y/o and a new baby) -- and we thought it would be only a matter of time until he got his visa-- boy did we learn an expensive lesson-- I just hope the lesson is over and there aren't any more surprises.

We have both faxed AND e-mailed the consulate-- NO REPLIES. nothing.

I am tempted to contact my congressman's office and let the person who was going to help me find out what's going on-- do that-- find out what's going on... because GUZ makes it impossible for EVEN THE PETITIONER AND BENEFICIARY TO FIND OUT!!!!

Now we just wait for good or bad news. who knows.

My friend when to Guangzhou last week to pickup her visa. She promised to call me when visa is in hand, but she hasn't yet.

Don't be upset with your husband. It is a lot of stress for both of you. As long as the visa is issued, he can always return to Guangzhou to pick it up.

Good luck!

Guest Rob & Jin

:( outrageous, Guz sends a "call back" makes him sit for 2 weeks and they wont communicate :blink:

I would say "unbelievable" they would treat people like this, but unfortunately it ain't the first time.

Again very sorry, hang in there