Immunizations and I-693A supplement

While in china, my wife didn't get the immunizations and shots needed for AOS. Do we need to get the shots and have them recorded on the I-693A before we can file AOS? The I-94 expires tommorrow, so we are getting nervous about getting all of this done in a timely fashion. Is is possible to file the I-485 without having the shots completed and if so, how? What if we file AOS without the I-693A, expecting an RFE? We really want to get the process started and get a work authorization for her.

Thanks,

Brian & Kathy

Firstly, the I-693A no longer exists, it was replaced by an updated version of I-693 a few months ago, the US Civil surgeon only needs to fill in the vaccination part for K-Visa holders.

The I-485 instructions say that you "MAY" include the I-693 with the I-485. If you dont, one of 2 things will happen, you will get an RFE for it in the case of CSC process decision without interview, or you will be instructed to bring it to AOS interview.

NOTE if interview happens more than 1 year past visa medical a new FULL I-693 medical will probably be requested.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I think we'll submit it without the medical information and wait for the request. That'll give us time to get the shots and paperwork filled out without delaying the process too much. Looking at the visa journey timelines for my local office, the 1 year stipulation shouldn't be a problem, but with USCIS you never know!

Brian

Firstly, the I-693A no longer exists, it was replaced by an updated version of I-693 a few months ago, the US Civil surgeon only needs to fill in the vaccination part for K-Visa holders.

The I-485 instructions say that you "MAY" include the I-693 with the I-485. If you dont, one of 2 things will happen, you will get an RFE for it in the case of CSC process decision without interview, or you will be instructed to bring it to AOS interview.

NOTE if interview happens more than 1 year past visa medical a new FULL I-693 medical will probably be requested.