Angry Eggs...

Guest ShaQuaNew

I honestly wish you and your family good health. Despite your laudable rosy outlook, it's gotta be a little daunting being on the front lines of this whole tainted food mess.

Please stay safe.

Thanks for the well wishes and cautions. Dave, apart from your wife, what are the ten things you like most about China?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH - now if Tyson would actually IMPORT american chicken feed, we'd put a dent in the trade surplus... woo hoo !! (no, it ain't political, it's all about math)

I honestly wish you and your family good health. Despite your laudable rosy outlook, it's gotta be a little daunting being on the front lines of this whole tainted food mess.

Please stay safe.

Thanks for the well wishes and cautions. Dave, apart from your wife, what are the ten things you like most about China?

I'll have to get back to you on that Jesse. I'm headin home from work now. It's my weekend!! :D

Guest ShaQuaNew

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH - now if Tyson would actually IMPORT american chicken feed, we'd put a dent in the trade surplus... woo hoo !! (no, it ain't political, it's all about math)

I agree. Darn it, I wish that China would start importing some of the growth hormones the US uses on its chickens, to make them bigger and nice and plump. I'm getting tired of buying skinny chickens where most of the meat is in the head the butcher forgot to remove...

:D

Guest ShaQuaNew

I have 8 eggs left in the fridge, forget to eat. I drink milk right after they report there are problems. :yay: Do you real think the beer is safer than the milk? Do you really think the steak is safer than the eggs :rolleyes:

I think it best to drink beer after drinking milk, and eating steak and eggs. It seems to ward off the evil spirits...

:D

Guest Mike and Lily

I have 8 eggs left in the fridge, forget to eat. I drink milk right after they report there are problems. :yay: Do you real think the beer is safer than the milk? Do you really think the steak is safer than the eggs :rolleyes:

The beer might be safer, but it just doesn't taste as good when I pour it over my cereal in the morning. :D

Wendy, I'd stay away from any animal for a while - if melamine could get into chicken feed, it could get into any animal feed. There's a growing 'organic' market in china - but you'll have a travel a bit to find the right market, even in Guangzhou. maybe fish and shrimp are really ok, if not grown in farms. (caught from the ocean should be ok)

as to beer - no - you should be safe - the protein count really is not measured, so no need to add 'more protein' to the beer. If it's an issue, start going to a brewmaster pub - there are at least 8 in guangzhou (and no, you can find them on yer own).

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Do you really think only melamine or protein cause problems :rolleyes: there are all kind of poison in food. not only in China. I think the whole world. who can tell me why most American people twice size as Chinese. Why there are more Crohn's desease in American than in China. or other disease I not mention. I think don;t have to over worry. You don't know when you turn to the other food, they are not even do more harm to you...

Sorry Wendy, just for the purpose of THIS topic, I'm only staying on the topic of melamine, nothing else. Sure - you raise yet another interesting issue, but can ya focus on melamine for a moment or three? TIA !

Melamine, a type o plastic, is used widely in China to boost measured protein level in foodstuffs, both for human and animal consumption.

First it was pet food, sold into the usa via ONE big distributor in canada with a purchasing office in Las Vegas.

Then it was milk in China (dumped as powder into the milk vats to increase the tested and measured protein levels) and now it's eggs (brought about by the food products that the chickens eat).

It's called 'feed' in america, I don't know what it's called in China. We make a fairly decent feed here for our animals, and don't add plastic powder to it. We add other stuff, like chemicals for nutrition, but thats about it.

So what about the feed for pigs and cows and sheep and goats? If it has melamine in it, there will be melamine in the meat, if that animal ate it for more than a few months. Who's making THAT feed, btw ?

Other companies besides the big one listed (The Egg Producer) make the feed. Apparently they feel its ok to put melamine into feed sold for chicken consumption. What other types of feed does that manufacturer make?

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

Do you really think only melamine or protein cause problems :yay: there are all kind of poison in food. not only in China. I think the whole world. who can tell me why most American people twice size as Chinese. Why there are more Crohn's desease in American than in China. or other disease I not mention. I think don;t have to over worry. You don't know when you turn to the other food, they are not even do more harm to you...

Wendy, you and I could start a support group for Chinese people, to help them get all their food from the USA. We could start by opening MacDonald's and KFC. After that, maybe a few Starbucks. If those catch on, maybe add Twinkies, potato chips, coca cola, oreo cookies, frozen TV dinners, and of course wine. I think that might help.

:rolleyes:

Do you really think only melamine or protein cause problems :blink: there are all kind of poison in food. not only in China. I think the whole world. who can tell me why most American people twice size as Chinese. Why there are more Crohn's desease in American than in China. or other disease I not mention. I think don;t have to over worry. You don't know when you turn to the other food, they are not even do more harm to you...

Wendy, you and I could start a support group for Chinese people, to help them get all their food from the USA. We could start by opening MacDonald's and KFC. After that, maybe a few Starbucks. If those catch on, maybe add Twinkies, potato chips, coca cola, oreo cookies, frozen TV dinners, and of course wine. I think that might help.

:ph34r:

That don't help at all!! too many Macdonald's and KFC here. remember once found poison in KFC food some years ago? even water is poison :lol: so just eat whatever you want.

Not Dylan. Dylan has precious intestine. Dylan should eat light food. non high fiber. I will take care this. :roller:

Guest ShaQuaNew

Do you really think only melamine or protein cause problems :blink: there are all kind of poison in food. not only in China. I think the whole world. who can tell me why most American people twice size as Chinese. Why there are more Crohn's desease in American than in China. or other disease I not mention. I think don;t have to over worry. You don't know when you turn to the other food, they are not even do more harm to you...

:lol:

That don't help at all!! too many Macdonald's and KFC here. remember once found poison in KFC food some years ago? even water is poison :lol: so just eat whatever you want.

Not Dylan. Dylan has precious intestine. Dylan should eat light food. non high fiber. I will take care this. :ph34r:

Well, with that said, I think I'll have a cigarette, ice cream, and a beer...

;)

:blink: :roller: :beer:

Guest ShaQuaNew

:roller: lunch time!! I will have milk and chicken wings. :ph34r:

Just make sure not to wake up the Chicken, before you take it's wings.

:blink:

I love me some chicken wings. Remember not to let anyone tell you that buffalo have wings after you get to the US...

:lol: