Funny Tasting Bananas

Guest ShaQuaNew

Slice em up, pan fry em until they carmalize, serve with rice and some chili sauce. YUM

that does sound good...

isnt that south american style too?

Man - I've been all over.. I think of it now as 'universal' way to prepare a banana dish.

Guest ShaQuaNew

There is surely a wider variety of fruits available in China. Many of the varieties available I've never seen in the US.

Many of them ARE available, in Oriental markets, but not as fresh. I don't quite have the same urge to eat lychees here as I do there.

Isn't that the fuzzy fruit that you break open and there are like three whitish colored fruit pieces inside, very sweet?

There is surely a wider variety of fruits available in China. Many of the varieties available I've never seen in the US.

Many of them ARE available, in Oriental markets, but not as fresh. I don't quite have the same urge to eat lychees here as I do there.

Isn't that the fuzzy fruit that you break open and there are like three whitish colored fruit pieces inside, very sweet?

Yes - I think there are different varieties of it - that sounds like the multi-colored one - there's another kind that looks more like a lumpy, hard-shell grape.

the ones you buy here seem to have an extra, added flavor to them

Guest ShaQuaNew

Yes - I think there are different varieties of it - that sounds like the multi-colored one - there's another kind that looks more like a lumpy, hard-shell grape.

the ones you buy here seem to have an extra, added flavor to them

I remember Lan bought me a big box of fruit on one of my previous trips to China. It contained several varieties of lychees. I had never seen them before. She broke them open with her hands, and said, "try it, it's good." I looked for them everywhere after returning to Florida. You would occasionally see them at the Asian stores, but our local Publix, sometimes had them also. Very expensive of course.

:)