Got the letter today, what's the next step?

Guest Dylan W

I'm sorry to hear about that... what a bummer for the holiday. :( But at least it wasn't a white slip!

IMO... for what it's worth... why schedule an interview if you aren't even ready with a decision to issue a visa at the end of calling you there for an interview. Seems like a waste of time... hopefully everything will work out soon though, like I said, at least it wasn't a white slip, maybe they just need a little more time for background checks or something.

My wife got blue. The shameless bastards at GUZ told her they "just need more time to think about it". I've never heard some crap like that before. Regardless, they told her they'll send her something in the mail after Chinese New Year. What pieces of work. I'd like to rip some heads off just for making my wife cry.

Based on some limited emotional response, sorry for the outcome, but this is the best kind of blue to get.

It sounds like AP or AR... usually means they are just looking at something; could be a namecheck did not finish or they are cross checking something.

Here is what you can do:

1. Re-assure her of the above. she did not wrong.. most likely something process related.

2. call DOS and see if they can see if AP or AR are at work here.

3. review the blue slip and share the contents here so we can comment more...

stay strong :(

Ya, some of that does sound complicated. But hey - Wendy might still be in GUZ ming tian, maybe good for a quick lunch after the interview? Hang in there, I sense you got all yer ducks in a row, should be super-fine !!!

She is not.

My wife got blue. The shameless bastards at GUZ told her they "just need more time to think about it". I've never heard some crap like that before. Regardless, they told her they'll send her something in the mail after Chinese New Year. What pieces of work. I'd like to rip some heads off just for making my wife cry.

We had another member go through this a few months back. After approx 3 months they got their visa. Hang tight as this will probably be your case as well.

• 1 month later...

Well, it looks like GUZ is still working on things. They've sent a letter to my boss, making sure that the employment letter is sent is true. I guess I should be hearing about her visa very soon now. I'm crossing fingers!!

was your original employment letter notarized ?

fingers crossed with you :blink:

Wow - 24 more hours. Are you gonna be in GUZ with her?

Unfortunately not. Work commitments keep me here in Seattle. In some ways I'm happy we won't be getting white. Since I had the interview with DHS in Beijing and they validated our relationship as "bonafide", I'm not worried there. I'm worried about getting blue. If we get pink, I may expand on our complications, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm so excited and worried about the same time!

I am wondering how you got the interview with DHS in Biejing already. I guess I am just confussed. I thought you could not go to the interview I also thought all marriage based interviews are done solely at GUZ. I am looking to start the process and am thinking of going to Hong Kong to get married. Thanks for help

I am wondering how you got the interview with DHS in Biejing already. I guess I am just confussed. I thought you could not go to the interview I also thought all marriage based interviews are done solely at GUZ. I am looking to start the process and am thinking of going to Hong Kong to get married. Thanks for help

He was interviewed by the USCIS, before his NOA2 (remember he's filing DCF), due to "complications".

Not for the visa, but in order to approve the petition.

Only he can elaborate.

He was interviewed by the USCIS, before his NOA2 (remember he's filing DCF), due to "complications".

Not for the visa, but in order to approve the petition.

Only he can elaborate.

Yes, almost a week after filing my petition (DCF - I went to Chengdu and paid the filing fee, then mailed it to Beijing) I came back to the States (Seattle). Three months later they call my wife (DHS office in Beijing) and tell us we must come in for an interview. Notice the "must". We re-schedule it from July (I just started a job July 1st) to September (no interviews in August because of the Olympics). The interview went well, they just wanted to make sure our relationship was bonafide, partially because I left right after filing it, so they didn't want to forward he applciation to Guangzhou without seeing us. It was a pain in the ass to schedule and finance, but it made getting a white impossible. I would recommend HK as well, in retrospect, that's what I should have done.