Got the letter today, what's the next step?

So we got the letter today from USCIS saying "your visa petition has been approved" and "my petition to classify the beneficiary as an immediate relative has been forwarded to the USCG Guangzhou".

my question regards the next step. I've seen the time lines for the CR-1, but I'm still unclear as those don't seem to take into account DCF applications like my own. Is the I-864 the next step here?

Prepare the I-864 however it is brought to the interview.

NOTE: One dificulty many DCF folks have withe the I-864 is proving US-Domicile. I-130 Petitioner MUST provide I-864, and I-864 REQUIRES US Domicile.

Another sticking point with I-864 is past year's IRS return I-864 requires past year's return, many overseas neglect to file a return, US citizens may be exempt from paying tax on foreign income, however they are not exempt from filing the return.

You can read all about I-864 here: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf

• 1 month later...

Called the hotline, P4 was sent out today!! Interview scheduled for Jan 21st!

Is it too soon to get my hopes up? Who am I kidding, I'm excited!

Good to hear!

Yes, Keep your hopes up!

• 1 month later...
Wow - 24 more hours. Are you gonna be in GUZ with her?

Unfortunately not. Work commitments keep me here in Seattle. In some ways I'm happy we won't be getting white. Since I had the interview with DHS in Beijing and they validated our relationship as "bonafide", I'm not worried there. I'm worried about getting blue. If we get pink, I may expand on our complications, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm so excited and worried about the same time!

Guest Dylan W

Ya, some of that does sound complicated. But hey - Wendy might still be in GUZ ming tian, maybe good for a quick lunch after the interview? Hang in there, I sense you got all yer ducks in a row, should be super-fine !!!

She is not.

Guest Rob & Jin
Wow - 24 more hours. Are you gonna be in GUZ with her?

Unfortunately not. Work commitments keep me here in Seattle. In some ways I'm happy we won't be getting white. Since I had the interview with DHS in Beijing and they validated our relationship as "bonafide", I'm not worried there. I'm worried about getting blue. If we get pink, I may expand on our complications, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm so excited and worried about the same time!

good luck, keep us posted :eyebrow:

Ya, some of that does sound complicated. But hey - Wendy might still be in GUZ ming tian, maybe good for a quick lunch after the interview? Hang in there, I sense you got all yer ducks in a row, should be super-fine !!!

She is not.

My wife got blue. The shameless bastards at GUZ told her they "just need more time to think about it". I've never heard some crap like that before. Regardless, they told her they'll send her something in the mail after Chinese New Year. What pieces of work. I'd like to rip some heads off just for making my wife cry.