G-325A: Concerning File Number "A" and Address Questions

Before anyone jumps me for not using the search feature, I have searched through about 12 pages of search results and more than 40 posts about G-325As.

I have 2 questions that are about the G-325A.

1st: About "File Number: A_____" and "Alien Registration Number." I am a naturalized US Citizen, so I did have one of these at one point in the past. There is a number "A22423" on my naturalization certificate(those aren't the actual numbers of course). Should I still write this number on the form, even though I'm not an "alien" now? If so, am I right in assuming the "File Number: A______" and the "Alien Registration Number" on the form are asking for the same number?

2nd: About "Residence Last Five Years." Within the last 5 years, I was still a University student(2002-2006). Should I bother with the addresses of all the various dorms I stayed in over those years? During this time, I also went home every summer for 3 or 4 months. Should I write these many moves/relocations down? When I was living at the dorms, I still had most of my mail sent to my parents house. Basically my question is: are they really anal and specific with these address details, or can I just put that I lived in that same house until I moved here(I am a resident in China currently). Also, we lived at her parents place for about 15 days while we were trying to find an apartment. Should I include every minute detail of where I lived, or is it ok to skip some things like I mentioned?

If I can't find the answers to these questions here, I'm going to just call and ask the consulate. I've been searching for the answer about the alien reg. number for about 3 hours alone. Thank you for your help.

Guest Rob & Jin

Dont worry about "A#" this form will be used when s/he does AOS then their A# will be used.

As far as addresses I would list the universtity address, if you were a out of state student. Might be difficult for them to reconcile that you were a student in one state but living in another.

good luck :)

Yes, if you are a naturalized citizen, you still use your A# in any place that pertains to you, that is on your G-325A used when you petition for a fiancee or a spouse, the prospective immigrant wont have one until USCIS approves the petition and assigns one to the prospective immigrant.

As for university address, you should use your HOME address, a dorm is not considered to be a person's residence, that address usually is a parent's home.

re: addresses in usa -

just to be clear(er) -

suggest you use the address that you put on your 1040 tax forms.

or at least mark those 5 years with the different addresses you used on your drivers license.

uscis will make attempt to match these addresses.

also - now you get to prove up a domicile address, since you are in china - and you'll have 2 - a domicile in usa, and 'the domicile' in china.

which petition are you filing?

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Yes, if you are a naturalized citizen, you still use your A# in any place that pertains to you, that is on your G-325A used when you petition for a fiancee or a spouse, the prospective immigrant wont have one until USCIS approves the petition and assigns one to the prospective immigrant.

As for university address, you should use your HOME address, a dorm is not considered to be a person's residence, that address usually is a parent's home.

re: addresses in usa -

just to be clear(er) -

suggest you use the address that you put on your 1040 tax forms.

or at least mark those 5 years with the different addresses you used on your drivers license.

uscis will make attempt to match these addresses.

also - now you get to prove up a domicile address, since you are in china - and you'll have 2 - a domicile in usa, and 'the domicile' in china.

which petition are you filing?

Thank you for the info. I'll use my Alien number on the forms. Also, I'm so glad I don't have to use a "see attached form" on my paperwork for residence!

The domicile thing should be no problem. I've read through all the "proving domicile" stuff many times, and the time to actually submit that stuff is still many months away.

I'm filing an I-130 to apply for a spousal visa. I have been living and working in China for almost 2 years now, so I'm going to submit it directly at the consulate in Beijing.

Thanks again for your help.

Guest Rob & Jin

Ummm..... i never did on G-325, I'm a naturised citizen, I remember only on I-129F you need to put citizenship info.

A# only applies for LPR or applicant for AOS.