The Most Deliberately Sexy Taiwan Singer

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18IMmLaY1TU

I keep finding more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TzjR469Z4o

Funny story about the first one:

I downloaded it years ago, didn't have the video. I listened to it alot, figured it was a duet of two women. But when I looked up the lyrics, couldn't find any mention of two singers. The lower voice sounded a little bit like some of Lan Xinmei's songs, (like in

), so I figured it was her just using different tenors of voice.

Then I watch the video and realize it was a man. That guy should be embarrassed...or grow a pair.

And to add to Lan Xinmei's hotness: she's actually playing that guitar.

(if you watch some later videos, she didn't really age all that well, btw)

Edited by A Mafan (see edit history)

To fully understand, you need to find some way to download/listen to these songs:

ÎÃ×Ó

´ºÌìµÄè

±ð¹ÜÎÒ

artist:

À¶ÐÄäØ

I hope this helps everyone in their search for good (?) Chinese music.

Guest Mike and Lily

To fully understand, you need to find some way to download/listen to these songs:

ÎÃ×Ó

´ºÌìµÄè

±ð¹ÜÎÒ

artist:

À¶ÐÄäØ

Yeah, she's hot, but the music is highly mediocre. Chinese artists learn from us, and the lesson we teach is that sex sells!

ÎÃ×Ó

´ºÌìµÄè

±ð¹ÜÎÒ

artist:

À¶ÐÄäØ

Yeah, she's hot, but the music is highly mediocre. Chinese artists learn from us, and the lesson we teach is that sex sells!

The 2nd and 3rd songs stink, yes. They were just included as an example of how she (or her manager) were trying to use sex to promote her career.

But I thought the first one was pretty good. I also like "kuangben" quite a bit. (the 4th song I added just as an example of her voice, rather than deliberate sexiness). And there are many, many good Chinese songs out there. You just have to get used to the idea that it won't be what you hear on the radio. (From the time music was commonplace, most songs were popular based on familiarity more than anything else).

Once you do that, you'll find great music out there in the Chinese world.

If you can find the songs I don't have video for, you might be surprised at the technical and musical competence of them.

...or, you might not. [shrug]