Why did you decide to marry outside your culture?

OK, tell me. All you intellectuals and just plain folk like me. I want to know why you decided to go marry someone in a foreign country who can hardly speak a lick of English and you can't speak any of their's.

Why in the hell can't you just find a good mate here in the USA and why in the hell do you have to go around the world to do this????

I just don't get it!

Oh, and Randy is not allowed to respond. :angry:

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met my first wife when I was in college. She is from Japan and I found her fascinating. I've always been somewhat attracted to Asian women anyway. After we divorced I dated a few soccer moms and I just didn't find them that interesting. I missed the intercultural exchange I had with my first wife. I had a more international view of the world that the women I was dating just couldn't relate to. When I met Bing I found that interesting spark again.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)
Guest WenDylan

I got real sick with Crohn's Disease. It took 1 year to find a proper medication, since I didn't have insurance and I relied purely on slow assistance programs. During my last 6 months, I had gotten to the point that I was nearly always laying down to relieve my pain, and at night when I was awake, if I wasn't laying down, the computer wasn't far away. By the grace of God, Wendy and I met on Skype. I was fascinated with several things about her, but what caught my first was how amazing her English was, considering I had received several chats before with people that even after English college and secondary schooling, couldn't carry a conversation without getting confused. So Wendy became my friend and we shared everything, to the point that when I got back on my feet, I dedicated that I would travel to her, and here we are now.

If you think I am biased towards the American females here, I am not. However I met Wendy after my so-called girlfriend after 1 year of dating grew increasingly angry and bitter I couldn't take her to the movies or go buy her dinner anymore, since I preferred to remain at home when I was ill. Money seemed to be her priority, and the luxuries of life, which meant nothing to me, more than just getting healthy and finishing school. Needless to say, I removed her from my life, and wouldn't you know that "she changed" but I never took that chance to find out. I knew someone better was out there, even if I wasn't looking for someone, life would lead me where I needed to be... and I met Wendy. :(

I was a member of an online dating service looking for someone local, she contacted me and that was our beginning. She speaks good english, so communicating has not been a barrier in our relationship.

I could not be happier being married to her, and our cultural differences have only brought us closer.

Richard

Similar to Carl, my first love was a Korean foreign exchange student when I was in high school, I've always been attracted to Asian women and I've always had an interest in different cultures, I have many friends I've talked to from around the world that I still talk to, some I've met some I haven't so its only natural that I would talk to women from Asia. And its only the good chances I've had by doing so that has found me someone special, her English is good and I find it fun to help with that as I am learning hers, I do speak more than a lick of Mandarin and her English is not bad.

People who worry about why we decide to be with someone from so far away, need to worry about themselves first instead of judging others. We all have our own ideas, interests and wants in life.

I had no intention of meeting and marrying a Chinese woman or any other woman for that matter. It was a cold, snowy day just before Christmas and I was wasting time on the internet checking out hot girls! I was looking at pictures on Friend Finder and noticed that there was an Asian Friend Finder. I've always been attracted to Asian women so I decided to check out hot chicks on that site. I came across Hong's picture and was instantly attracted to her. She had this fantastic smile that lite up her face and I found myself joining the site so that I could send her an email to say hello. We've either written, talked or spent each day together every day since that first one.

Its a pretty weird way to meet the love of your life and you can believe me when I say that no one is more surprised than I am. I guess you just never know what path life is going to lead you down next!

Guest Tony n Terrific

I dated a couple of Oriental woman in the past. I found these ladies to be full of energy, fun loving, very caring and loving toward everyone. Then I met her. The other woman of my life. I believe that she is the most precious gift from God I have ever recieved. She is my Pepper Pot and Lord how I love my wife and God how I miss her. Wo ai ni mei Yanxia.