Chinese Space Mission...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Should China really be spending huge sums in this way with so many other pressing needs??? :unsure:

For every dollar that the US put into the space program, we got an over 10 fold return on the investment. Plus, I defy anyone to find any aspect of modern life that is not affected by the tecnology and reserch involved with our exploration of space.

Congratulations to China as she makes another step into the extraterrestrial community.

In many ways, it was those years and money the US invested in the space program that helped shape America into what it is today.

Guest ShaQuaNew

I heard a lot of commotion at my office yesterday afternoon. People were jumping up from their seats and running to somewhere. After a minute or two I decided to go investigate.

There was a large group of people huddled around two of the TV sets in one of our break rooms. They were all watching the live broadcast as the Chinese Astronauts opened the hatch in preparation of their space walk. Pretty cool to see how excited and proud they were.

:unsure:

I bet that was pretty cool to see Jesse. :(

So many people here still have a sense of innocence and joy. It can be catching if you let it.

Should China really be spending huge sums in this way with so many other pressing needs??? B)

For every dollar that the US put into the space program, we got an over 10 fold return on the investment. Plus, I defy anyone to find any aspect of modern life that is not affected by the tecnology and reserch involved with our exploration of space.

Congratulations to China as she makes another step into the extraterrestrial community.

Agree. Also, an uplift attitude helps both the rich and the poor.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Should China really be spending huge sums in this way with so many other pressing needs??? :unsure:

Agree. Also, an uplift attitude helps both the rich and the poor.

The rich create jobs for the poor. When did that become an evil thing? Personally, I've never worked for a poor person.