Google Talk Translator

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Google Talk has a relatively new option available to it's many users around the world. Information about it can be found here:

http://www.google.com/support/talkgadget/b...py?answer=89921

If you're not a Google Talk user, this feature enables instant translation in many different languages, including Simplified and Traditional Chinese. All you need do, is add the appropriate bot to your friends list, and type or paste your message in the entry field. After you enter your message, it is quickly translated into the appropriate language.

For translating English to Simplified Chinese, add:

en2zh@bot.talk.google.com

To translate Chinese to English, add:

zh2en@bot.talk.google.com

Many other languages are available, including, French, German, Russian, etc....

Google Talk has a relatively new option available to it's many users around the world. Information about it can be found here:

If you're not a Google Talk user, this feature enables instant translation in many different languages, including Simplified and Traditional Chinese. All you need do, is add the appropriate bot to your friends list, and type or paste your message in the entry field. After you enter your message, it is quickly translated into the appropriate language.

Wow!! Yes, that is all I can say is wow. That is truly remarkable...if it works.

The only question I would have is the translation good the first time or does the it require one to use a translation site first to be sure that the feelings and sentiments are felt?

Guest ShaQuaNew

Wow!! Yes, that is all I can say is wow. That is truly remarkable...if it works.

The only question I would have is the translation good the first time or does the it require one to use a translation site first to be sure that the feelings and sentiments are felt?

Yeah, like any translator, it routinely screws up the grammar, but you quickly get the gist of the message and so can others. I use this feature often at my office for translating emails, and other communications.