What can I do to help now??

Guest Rob & Jin

we downloaded, filled out all P-3/P-4 forms before they sent them.

Saves maybe 1-2 months of waiting and rushed filing in of forms.

DS-230 & OF -169 (plus EMS label) should be returned as soon as you hear you case is "opened P-3 sent" by Guz , saved us about 1 to 1.5 months over others who did not

Check "circiling Guz" thread.

Another question, regarding my fiancee's address...

She lives in a very rural village. They don't have "street addresses" as on the forms.

We are also concerned because on the address was given in PinYin, not Chinese Characters...

The DOS lists it in Pinyin (but no tone marks).

Will it still make it to her with a PinYin address??

Second Question:

When she fills out the EMS label to send back with her P3, should she fill it out in Chinese Characters, or in Pinyin??

(Her address is so long, it does not fit in the box on the DS-230 Part I, so I am sending a supplimental page with both the Pinyin and the Chinese characters. But I assume that won't matter as much since they will use the EMS label we send, correct?)

Another question, regarding my fiancee's address...

She lives in a very rural village. They don't have "street addresses" as on the forms.

We are also concerned because on the address was given in PinYin, not Chinese Characters...

The DOS lists it in Pinyin (but no tone marks).

Will it still make it to her with a PinYin address??

Second Question:

When she fills out the EMS label to send back with her P3, should she fill it out in Chinese Characters, or in Pinyin??

(Her address is so long, it does not fit in the box on the DS-230 Part I, so I am sending a supplimental page with both the Pinyin and the Chinese characters. But I assume that won't matter as much since they will use the EMS label we send, correct?)

Tone marks not needed, you don't see them in city name like Shanghai, Beijing, or Guangzhou do you?

Can either.

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/contactiv.html

ÖлªÈËÃñ¹²ºÍ¹ú¹ãÖÝÊÐɳÃæÄϽÖ1ºÅ

ÃÀ¹úפ¹ãÖÝ×ÜÁìʹÝ

ÓÊÕþ±àÂ룺510133

http://guangzhou-ch.usembassy-china.org.cn/contactiv.html

Here's another one:

On the EMS Label I send to Guangzhou, I know it says to fill out the US Consulate in the "Sender" box...

But should we also fill out the "to" box as well (with my fiancee's address in it)???

And if so, should I put here it in Chinese or in Pinyin, or both...??

Here's another one:

On the EMS Label I send to Guangzhou, I know it says to fill out the US Consulate in the "Sender" box...

But should we also fill out the "to" box as well (with my fiancee's address in it)???

And if so, should I put here it in Chinese or in Pinyin, or both...??

Well, that would be the whole purpose for sending it in.

The address should make sure that the Chinese mailman will know where to deliver - Chinese.