Going to China

So my wife and I are going to China next week.

Is there anything special we/she needs? As far as I know, she should only need her Chinese passport to get into China and her American green card to get back in the USofA, right?

Right

I brought a copy of our marriage certificate thinking that I just might need it to enter China to prove that I was going to meet my wife. Ironically it wasn't needed for that, but upon returning to the US the Immigration Officer asked me "How do I know you two are married?" and (to his surprise) I pulled out the marriage certificate.

Legally, all that both need are your passports and for her, her GC.

Is there anything special we/she needs? As far as I know, she should only need her Chinese passport to get into China and her American green card to get back in the USofA, right?

You got her covered except for one thing, lots of money to go shopping.

But you will need a Chinese visa in your passport, but you probably know that.

Our first trip back we took a carry on only and bought enough clothes to fill the 4 suit cases we bought for the trip home. Amazingly enough we spent less than a $1000. :lol:

Right

I brought a copy of our marriage certificate thinking that I just might need it to enter China to prove that I was going to meet my wife. Ironically it wasn't needed for that, but upon returning to the US the Immigration Officer asked me "How do I know you two are married?" and (to his surprise) I pulled out the marriage certificate.

You should have told him you had the bruises to prove it, but your wife didn't like you to show them in public. :lol:

Right

You should have told him you had the bruises to prove it, but your wife didn't like you to show them in public. :lol:

Good one!! Next time. :lol:

You got her covered except for one thing, lots of money to go shopping.

But you will need a Chinese visa in your passport, but you probably know that.

Our first trip back we took a carry on only and bought enough clothes to fill the 4 suit cases we bought for the trip home. Amazingly enough we spent less than a $1000. :lol:

Yeah, I bring back so much stuff every time (much of it her personal belongings)...4 suitcases just under 50lbs this time...2 for each of us. Yay - can't wait to drag that through Shanghai again... Luckily United Airlines only charges $50/bag for domestic flights.

I got my visa (stupid new process due to the olympic games btw), and our chinese marriage book, too.

Thanks fellas! I'll be sure to eat some Dongpo pork for you all.. :lol: This is our first time flying back to China and then to the USA together, so it's going to be really cool.