Chinese Visa from L.A.

Hi again everyone,

xiaomin and I have been so busy making plans for my first visit to her, and just being together in general (after hundreds of hours together, I still can't get enough of her!) but either way, sorry we haven't been posting. All's well in The O.C. and zhaoqing!

I couldn't find the thread that we were discussing the requirements of getting a Chinese Visa (from the L.A. Consulate)

It was easy... I got it yesterday. The traffic sucked! But I had the filled out application, my Passport, Regulation Photo, A Printed Itinerary from Expedia.Com (not purchased yet) and no hotel reservations (I did put down xiaomin's address though, even though it was her work address, I'm sure they assumed that I would be staying with her.)

When I picked it up, I had the pick-up receipt, my driver's license, and $130.00 cash. It took about 6 minutes in line (it took longer to find a parking spot that didn't have a meter because I forgot change! LOL)

So, just letting everyone know that the "purchased" airline reservations, and hotel reservations aren't a hard and fast rule. At least for me they weren't...

My heart has had wings for over 3 months now... I FINALLY get to fly it to the source!

Guest Mike and Lily

I just use a service to get the visa. I fill out the forms, pay the fee and the service takes care of the rest. China Southern offers the only non-stop LAX to GUZ. I suggest you take that one. We will be returning from GUZ to LA on China Southern in two days. I know you are so exited about your first visit. I sure was. Best wishes to both of you.

Hey Jerry,

I agree, once I had to get a visa in a hurry for an emergency business trip and didn't have time to use a visa service which I usually do. I drove into Los Angeles and it took me longer to find a parking place and walk over to the Chinese Embassy than it did to get the actual visa! This was about seven years ago but the experience was the same as your's.

Have a terrific trip, first time is always a real kick!

Bob