US firms fighting China's golf fakes

I bet the fake is probably as good as the real one. I know it won't matter to me (maybe to Tiger).

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/20...feiters?mode=PF

"Grim competition with counterfeiters

By Jenn Abelson, Globe Staff | August 21, 2008

SHANGHAI - Jason Yao lives a dangerous life for a guy in the golf business.

He gets death threats. He raids factories and markets. He shakes down informants and hangs out with private investigators. He has 10 aliases.

China is the focus of the worldwide war against counterfeit golf products, and Yao is on the front lines. His employer, Acushnet, located 7,000 miles away in Fairhaven, Mass., makes the world's most popular - and most copied - golf ball, the Titleist Pro V1, along with clubs, accessories, and shoes that counterfeiters mimic for sales around the globe."

I bet the fake is probably as good as the real one. I know it won't matter to me (maybe to Tiger).

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/20...feiters?mode=PF

"Grim competition with counterfeiters

By Jenn Abelson, Globe Staff | August 21, 2008

SHANGHAI - Jason Yao lives a dangerous life for a guy in the golf business.

He gets death threats. He raids factories and markets. He shakes down informants and hangs out with private investigators. He has 10 aliases.

China is the focus of the worldwide war against counterfeit golf products, and Yao is on the front lines. His employer, Acushnet, located 7,000 miles away in Fairhaven, Mass., makes the world's most popular - and most copied - golf ball, the Titleist Pro V1, along with clubs, accessories, and shoes that counterfeiters mimic for sales around the globe."

Not only golf equipment. The same scenario applies to just about any other product line you can imagine. And it should.

There was some show on in July (PBS? CNBC? ) highlighting the process of how things are made illegally in China, and shipped out.

My favorite tracking was a Nigerian hawking illegal wares on the sidewalks in Rome. He was in country illegally, and the reporters tracked him to the group that brought him in as well.

They also tracked the shipments in the Port (at Rome? sorry, don't recall which city in Italy) coming in on the containers, the bribes paid to which Italian portmasters and customs agents.

They then tracked 'that container' back to it's point of origin in China, and through the manifest and bill o lading, found out which freight forwarding company handled the container.

Once they had the freight forwarder in China, they got to the factory that made most of the purses being sold in the streets of Rome.

It's rampant, it's not just golf balls and golf gear.... If you can buy it, new, with rare exceptions, it's made as a copy in China and sold illegally all over the world.

My biggest complaint with the largest safety problem, imo, deals with knock-off auto parts sold in the states.

When it comes to fake, I would guess that the USA is mostly known for fake boobs. :lol:

They appear in China, too, with increasing regularity.

I would have guessed...what a pity...sigh

Now THAT is a damned shame!!!! Nothin' like a beautiful 95 pound woman with 15 pounds of ugly goop stuck in her breasts like some bimbo. :D

Next, I guess Chinese men will start wearin' "Oriental" rugs on their heads like a few vacuous vain men in america. :lol:

tsap seui

When it comes to fake, I would guess that the USA is mostly known for fake boobs. :angry:

Now wait a mo. That's a TEXAS developed industry, imported to California.

We take that West Texas Sand and make the best silicone on the planet.

It says so, right on the label...

What's yer beef? As long as it doesn't affect lactation, you should be happy.

Sam's Club (AKA Walmart) was caught selling fake purses. The settlement in the law suite was not made public...........I'm sure Walmart did not know they were selling fakes..........even though their world purchasing headquarters are in Shenzhen! You can pick up all the fakes you want at the local mall in Shenzhen for $10 a pop, cheaper in quantity.

In one example cited in the lawsuit, a black handbag bearing Fendi's trademark logo was offered for sale in a Sam's Club store in Miami for $508.25, 45 percent less than the retail price of $930 for a genuine Fendi bag.

Let the buyer beware, at home and abroad!