Anyone whose files were sent out from NVC around May 7th?

Thanks E&S for the reply. we actually tried to buy the phone time for calling GUZ a few weeks ago but didn't get a pin until two days ago! i'll be calling them tomorrow and post what they say.

in case anyone is wondering what GUZ's pay call service said it went something like this:

me: it's been over five months since our package was sent out from DOS, can you give me any information?

them: oh really?! usually you should recieve something in 60 to 120 days. you should contact GUZ.

me: aren't YOU GUZ?!?!

them: no, we are in Shanghai, I can only see what is in the computer.

me: can you give me a number in GUZ i can call?

them: no, that number is not listed.

me: so... how am I supposed to contact them?

them: I can give you a fax number!

so, i faxed them, but never heard anything. that was over a week ago. i also used their online form to email an inquiry, but got a very brief response that didn't address any of my questions. poop. any thoughts? anyone?

Call DOS-Visa services in the USA. They have access to GUZ database, and perhaps will tell you what the hold up is.

http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa

202-663-1225

Call DOS-Visa services in the USA. They have access to GUZ database, and perhaps will tell you what the hold up is.

http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa

202-663-1225

Yea, I've been calling DOS about once a week actually. It really seems to vary depending who you talk to. Some of them are 100% useless. I did get a very nice lady on the phone two weeks ago who seemed to know a lot about the China process and she said she would send an inquiry to GUZ because it was taking so long. I've called back three times since then and nobody knows anything about that. One lady told me that inquirys don't show up in their computer system£¬ which seems kind of pointless then.

So far in my experience though, DOS has been FAR more helpful than anything else. So thanks for the tip!