Can we put the process on ice?

Ok... I like your name since it can be mixed up with: Bamboo, Rambo, Bambi, Bimbo... really leaves one's imagination going on all gears.

And I like your straightforward manner to stick through a winter storm or a summer scorch.

Forget the CCP issue; that's not worth worrying about; only consider her.

Nothing to be gained by canning it all, unless there are compelling reasons not share yet. Wait it out is better than starting over.

Don't rock a canoe which is what GUZ gives you for your travels from NVC to the consulate front door... the legs are quite weak and the heart fluttered but the commitment remains... let it that way.

Lee

A really good point that you make. That in quitting the process it would amount to an admission of guilt. I think I will have to have a talk with the consulate when I get back to China. Get their take on it. Thanks for the head's up on this!

Mr. Bamboo

Mr. Bamboo -

whilst it's 'nice' to have that convo, your lass has a short time window to submit the overcome evidence. Did she scan in the papers given to her and email them to you, so that you could review exactly what was written?

Warmest Regards..

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Lee

A really good point that you make. That in quitting the process it would amount to an admission of guilt. I think I will have to have a talk with the consulate when I get back to China. Get their take on it. Thanks for the head's up on this!

Mr. Bamboo

Mr. Bamboo -

whilst it's 'nice' to have that convo, your lass has a short time window to submit the overcome evidence. Did she scan in the papers given to her and email them to you, so that you could review exactly what was written?

Warmest Regards..

Oh yes, I'm quite familiar with the overcome evidence because I helped her translate it. She faxed it off to GUZ the very next day. A week later I emailed GUZ to confirm they received it. All I got back was a terse note saying they don't know and I should check back again some time. They usual kind of thing, we all have had that kind of response to our polite inquiries into helping facilitate the process.

I'm not really concerned about if she can "overcome" the CCP issue. I'm concerned that the process could linger. I'm concerned that once in the USA we will have years of similiar "proving ourselves."

Mostly, I just want to be with her, and can live just as easily on either side of the pond. In many ways there is a lot less "ma fan" involved if we live in China. Again, the intention is be together, where we live is much less important.

Mr Bamboo

Lee

Mr. Bamboo

Mr. Bamboo -

Warmest Regards..

Oh yes, I'm quite familiar with the overcome evidence because I helped her translate it. She faxed it off to GUZ the very next day. A week later I emailed GUZ to confirm they received it. All I got back was a terse note saying they don't know and I should check back again some time. They usual kind of thing, we all have had that kind of response to our polite inquiries into helping facilitate the process.

I'm not really concerned about if she can "overcome" the CCP issue. I'm concerned that the process could linger. I'm concerned that once in the USA we will have years of similiar "proving ourselves."

Mostly, I just want to be with her, and can live just as easily on either side of the pond. In many ways there is a lot less "ma fan" involved if we live in China. Again, the intention is be together, where we live is much less important.

Mr Bamboo

Less trouble is good. :lol:

Mr Bamboo

Sometimes it takes 2-3 weeks for something faxed to GZ to be associated with the case file, you'd think it had to go through China customs or something. :lol: You can check by calling the DOS number and it will show up on the computer as being received. Then it goes in the stack for processing.

Even if you move to China, let the process continue. Then in the future if you decide to move to the US you have their prior approval on your side and the CCP issue will only be a memory for that process.

Once the CCP issue is resolved in GZ it becomes a non-issue in the future with the USCIS because the case has been documented and a waiver issued so they could issue the visa. It just becomes a question on the form that you will answer Yes and they will look at the case documentation with perhaps one or two questions.