Calling America

The post about calling China drew much interest.

It appears that I will be in GuangZhou a few extra days.

So who knows a good and cheap way to call the US from China?

A 48+2 minute (IC) card cost about 50 RMB ($6.25). Except that I do not get even close to 50 minutes. It seems about a buck a minute.

Thanks from Shamian Island.

OBTW - I was happy to find this nice Internet Cafe at 3, No. 3 Street on Shamian Isle. 20 RMB per hour.

The post about calling China drew much interest.

So who knows a good and cheap way to call the US from China?

Since you have access to the Internet, you may want to try to access www.cybercalling.com. This is where I purchase online my prepaid calling cards. Cybercalling.com is a (mostly) Chinese language based web site offering competitive priced, quality ranked, prepaid calling cards. I am nearly certain this web site offers cards that work from China, as well, and at competitive prices. If you can read Chinese or are with someone who can, this may be a good option for you. I have purchased cards from this web site for over a year, problem-free.

Guest enight

the easiest way (not the cheapest way) call from China to the States is buy a IP card from local, 100 Yuan's card you may only need to pay it for 1/2 or even less price,

usually 2 Yuan per minute, if you bought after discount price, can be 1 Yuan per min.

if you have access to internet, I recommend you to use www.bigzoo.com 's service,

when I was in China, Alan and I have been using it called to each other, make phone calls from USA to China, only need to pick up phone then call, call from China to USA, need to login on the account then switch the phone number into oppsite position.

now the rate is 2.4 cents/min (doesn't matter making call from china or call from usa).