3 Months and NO P3

Guest Rob & Jin

your timeline confuses me (easy to do) :angry:

What visa did you file for K-1, I'm guessing and when are the dates on the papers NOA-1, NOA-2, NVC in and out ? can you clean up your timeline please its upsidedown and says GUZ just got your petition.

Loaded (electronic copy) or open (paper copy)

It can take up to 4 months for the paper file to be "opened" by GUZ from sending from NVC

If GUZ has your paper copy then your P-3 will be generated and sent almost the same day.

Call DOS 202-663-1225+1+0, you will get the scoop if its already sent.

good luck

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

It shows "08-01-08 Consulate received package." in your signature. Doesn't that means GUZ received your package?

That is only if we had the correct numbers for DHL. The consulate has not checked in the package. They only have the electronic notice.

This is normal.

Our case left USCIS NOA2 8/29/06

Spent about a month at NVC and was sent on to consulate 9/18/06

Consulate "Received" it 11/30/06 and sent out packet 3.

The consulate puts the petition into a warehouse and wont indicate they received until they are ready to process it. GUZ always takes about 3 months to do this.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profil...=1&id=24665

your timeline confuses me (easy to do) :angry:

What visa did you file for K-1, I'm guessing and when are the dates on the papers NOA-1, NOA-2, NVC in and out ? can you clean up your timeline please its upsidedown and says GUZ just got your petition.

It can take up to 4 months for the paper file to be "opened" by GUZ from sending from NVC

If GUZ has your paper copy then your P-3 will be generated and sent almost the same day.

good luck

On 08-31-07 I filed a K-1 for fianc¨¦ visa with USCIS California.

On 09-05-07 USCIS sent my paperwork to NBC by mistake.

On 01-28-08 I wrote a Letter to my Congressman requesting assistance, and got BS in return, So I contacted my Senator.

ON 04-09-08 My Senator¡¯s office called me and said they were working the case that I had sent them. Also that night I received an email from USCIS that the paperwork was being returned from NBC to USCIS for processing.

On 05-05-08 USCIS Approved the petition and sent it to the NVC

ON 05-09-08 The NVC approved the petition and sent it to Guangzhou my DHL package should be 200862****

ON 08-01-08 Consulate received package 200862****.

My fianc¨¦ has not gotten a P3 and DOS says the package has not been received

your timeline confuses me (easy to do) B)

good luck

On 08-31-07 I filed a K-1 for fianc¨¦ visa with USCIS California.

On 09-05-07 USCIS sent my paperwork to NBC by mistake.

On 01-28-08 I wrote a Letter to my Congressman requesting assistance, and got BS in return, So I contacted my Senator.

ON 04-09-08 My Senator¡¯s office called me and said they were working the case that I had sent them. Also that night I received an email from USCIS that the paperwork was being returned from NBC to USCIS for processing.

On 05-05-08 USCIS Approved the petition and sent it to the NVC

ON 05-09-08 The NVC approved the petition and sent it to Guangzhou my DHL package should be 200862****

ON 08-01-08 Consulate received package 200862****.

My fianc¨¦ has not gotten a P3 and DOS says the package has not been received

From what you indicate, GUZ should be moving the paper file from the warehouse and "receive" it sometime within the next few weeks or so.

GUZ always indicate case file not received until they pull it from the warehouse. It gets sent from NVC and arrives in China a few days later only to be put into storage.

What many do is to prepare OF-169, and DS-230 part 1 before getting P3, and as soon as DOS indicates P3 sent, then send the prepared forms to the consulate slightly before getting P3 in the mail.

Start calling visa svc around 90 days after NVC sends case to GUZ and as soon as they say P3 sent then send OF-169/DS-230 pt1 to GUZ

http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa

OF-169: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...ts_-_OF-169.pdf

DS-230 Pt1 http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

Send to:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC