Not Marrying in China

I guess I was a little bit blinded by wanting to be xiaomin's husband so bad, that I planned on marrying her during my first visit to China. I'm not sure we even discussed it. I asked, she said yes, boom... But, thanks to the advice that we got here, we did some more research and decided to keep our separation (and visits) as simple as possible, and take the speedier route of the fianc¨¦e visa. She was unexpectedly overjoyed at not getting married in China! I had no clue... (We had a brief talk about her telling me when something isn't perfect in her world! It's critical to our happiness that everything is perfect for her. She's making such a big commitment, and change in her life to be with me, I owe her the universe.)

http://www.mywackospace.com/images/graphics/romantic/gif_heart/gif_heart_373.jpg

Honey, you've told me that America would recognise a marriage registered in any country as long as it's legal, but still, i just want our marriage to be originally registered under the law of the United States of American, my future home-county, the land of my dream. that's all.

I was not lucky enough to be born, and educated in this great county, but you give me the chance to have a life there, honey, i owe you my life, but i will pay you with my life.

I Love You, My Jerry

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we toured Yunnan and went into the mountains towards Li Jiang, we meet all sorts of majority groups dressed in fantantic native dress... and were introduced to the "walking marriage"...

whomever you walked with you were married to; no paper, no words needed... B) and walking away was just as easy ;)

Never forget how practical some are with life :P

Guest WenDylan

I guess I was a little bit blinded by wanting to be xiaomin's husband so bad, that I planned on marrying her during my first visit to China. I'm not sure we even discussed it. I asked, she said yes, boom... But, thanks to the advice that we got here, we did some more research and decided to keep our separation (and visits) as simple as possible, and take the speedier route of the fianc¨¦e visa. She was unexpectedly overjoyed at not getting married in China! I had no clue... (We had a brief talk about her telling me when something isn't perfect in her world! It's critical to our happiness that everything is perfect for her. She's making such a big commitment, and change in her life to be with me, I owe her the universe.)

http://www.mywackospace.com/images/graphics/romantic/gif_heart/gif_heart_373.jpg

Honey, you've told me that America would recognise a marriage registered in any country as long as it's legal, but still, i just want our marriage to be originally registered under the law of the United States of American, my future home-county, the land of my dream. that's all.

I was not lucky enough to be born, and educated in this great county, but you give me the chance to have a life there, honey, i owe you my life, but i will pay you with my life.

I Love You, My Jerry

Yay for the USA. Sounds like you both have a plan figured out. I just hope it is all for the right reasons.

Guest WenDylan

When we toured Yunnan and went into the mountains towards Li Jiang, we meet all sorts of majority groups dressed in fantantic native dress... and were introduced to the "walking marriage"...

whomever you walked with you were married to; no paper, no words needed... B) and walking away was just as easy :huh:

Never forget how practical some are with life ;)

Simplicity at its best.

(Is that how you were married? :P)

whomever you walked with you were married to; no paper, no words needed... :huh: and walking away was just as easy :P

Simplicity at its best.

(Is that how you were married? ;))

in fact... she spoke no english and I spoke no chinese.... we kinda saw it in the eyes and made a nod and then a few grunts... that seems to seal the deal better than any word ... what really has to be said when it can be shown B)

Actually, my dream would be to go to china and marry and stay there to live... :P opps.. almost forgot I am married ;)

I hear you can get away with it in Texas, and maybe start a weird cult in the process! ;)

I think the Fed's are cracking down on that. So don't put all your eggs in one basket. B)

Well, if they didn't crack down on it, they'd probably tax it, so there goes another pipe dream down the tubes! :huh:

How many wives were you dreaming of having? ;)

Hmmmm, well lemme see what's fair? Oh yeah, if she can have underwear that's labeled with every day of the week, them I'm thinking EIGHT, and I'll even have them tattooed! Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday B) (Now who's going to ask about the EIGHTH? :o

I Love You, My Jerry

Yay for the USA. Sounds like you both have a plan figured out. I just hope it is all for the right reasons.

This is most definitely for ALL the right reasons. I'm a single dad of 2 wonderful kids, that love xiaomin to pieces, trying the best I can to raise them alone, in a house that's way too big for the three of us, I haven't had so much as a kiss from a girl in a year and a half (you needed to know that) and xiaomin is willing to step into all this, and be ours. I can't even begin to count all of the right reasons. Will I give her America? Yes, and she'll give us so much more. I haven't even touched her, yet I've never felt so loved in my entire life.

Honey, you've told me that America would recognize a marriage registered in any country as long as it's legal, but still, i just want our marriage to be originally registered under the law of the United States of American, my future home-county, the land of my dream. that's all.

I Love You, My Jerry

Yes Darlin' I was told that the U.S. doesn't really care where you get married, or how (although I'm not sure that "walking together" thing would cut it!

whomever you walked with you were married to; no paper, no words needed... :o and walking away was just as easy :D

Simplicity at its best.

(Is that how you were married? ;))

in fact... she spoke no english and I spoke no chinese.... we kinda saw it in the eyes and made a nod and then a few grunts... that seems to seal the deal better than any word ... what really has to be said when it can be shown :lol:

I thought the grunting was suppose to come AFTER the wedding! I'm so confused!

Guest WenDylan

Actually, my dream would be to go to china and marry and stay there to live... ;) opps.. almost forgot I am married :Dah:

I hear you can get away with it in Texas, and maybe start a weird cult in the process! ;)

I think the Fed's are cracking down on that. So don't put all your eggs in one basket. :lol:

Well, if they didn't crack down on it, they'd probably tax it, so there goes another pipe dream down the tubes! :o

How many wives were you dreaming of having? ;)

Hmmmm, well lemme see what's fair? Oh yeah, if she can have underwear that's labeled with every day of the week, them I'm thinking EIGHT, and I'll even have them tattooed! Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday B) (Now who's going to ask about the EIGHTH? :o

Why seven when you can have eight? :D

(Fraturday... right?)

Good to hear that you two thought it over and chose the best route for both of you. I'm sure that things will go perfectly for you guys. Good luck and best wishes!!

Hi, feizhu

thank you so much for the goodwill wishes, we really need it at the moment, at which point we are just so thrilled at any sign of hope, yet, also shattered at any slightest sign of snag. ... SIGH!!! I told my Jerry that my heart can only survive one battle like this, and i'm doing it just be i want to be with him soooo badly, and now the drag is hurting me physically, and we haven't even begun the long journey yet!

i read your time line, and got a bit confused, why is that you husband was denied the visa to America, i automaticall assume that he's an anmerican. or you are? or one of you is Japanese? as you met and got married in Japan. ... forgive me if i've been too nosey. (you dont have to answer me if you feel like to.)

but i'm happy for you that every worked out the way it should be. i wish you the best.

xiaomin

Guest WenDylan

Good to hear that you two thought it over and chose the best route for both of you. I'm sure that things will go perfectly for you guys. Good luck and best wishes!!

Hi, feizhu

thank you so much for the goodwill wishes, we really need it at the moment, at which point we are just so thrilled at any sign of hope, yet, also shattered at any slightest sign of snag. ... SIGH!!! I told my Jerry that my heart can only survive one battle like this, and i'm doing it just be i want to be with him soooo badly, and now the drag is hurting me physically, and we haven't even begun the long journey yet!

i read your time line, and got a bit confused, why is that you husband was denied the visa to America, i automaticall assume that he's an anmerican. or you are? or one of you is Japanese? as you met and got married in Japan. ... forgive me if i've been too nosey. (you dont have to answer me if you feel like to.)

but i'm happy for you that every worked out the way it should be. i wish you the best.

xiaomin

If I am right, I think they were both international students, who both met in Japan. But they got snagged as you put it by needed Japanese police reports.

It is a slow process and the US Gov is very picky of little things that could make a case fail. No one case is good enough to be specific and know any real answer if it will be approved or not, there are so many different factors involved. If you search CFL you will find so many things that could snag you, but with preparation you will be better prepared for you case in the future. :lol:

Hi, feizhu

xiaomin

Visitor's visas for a husband of an American citizen are hard to come by - best to do what they did next - a DCF.

You can also do an "unofficial" ceremony with all the bells,whistles,wedding duds and, most importantly, red envelopes. :angry:

Good suggestion girl,

and i will be in qipao, red! instead of white dress, there are enough, no, more than enough Yellow-Bride-in-White in this country, i'm so not join this crowd. ;)

I Love You, My Jerry

I understand perfectly how my statement would sound to the world, but as long as Jerry knows that I love him, everything is fine with me.