Not Marrying in China

I guess I was a little bit blinded by wanting to be xiaomin's husband so bad, that I planned on marrying her during my first visit to China. I'm not sure we even discussed it. I asked, she said yes, boom... But, thanks to the advice that we got here, we did some more research and decided to keep our separation (and visits) as simple as possible, and take the speedier route of the fianc¨¦e visa. She was unexpectedly overjoyed at not getting married in China! I had no clue... (We had a brief talk about her telling me when something isn't perfect in her world! It's critical to our happiness that everything is perfect for her. She's making such a big commitment, and change in her life to be with me, I owe her the universe.)

http://www.mywackospace.com/images/graphics/romantic/gif_heart/gif_heart_373.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad the two of you have done some research and convo and have come to a common decision. But - don't forget !!!! Engagement Parties in China are not only FUN!!! but also useful for positive 'face'. Ask her if she'd like to have an engagement party..

Actually, my dream would be to go to china and marry and stay there to live... :) opps.. almost forgot I am married :P

I hear you can get away with it in Texas, and maybe start a weird cult in the process! ;)

Guest WenDylan

Actually, my dream would be to go to china and marry and stay there to live... :P opps.. almost forgot I am married ;)

I hear you can get away with it in Texas, and maybe start a weird cult in the process! ;)

I think the Fed's are cracking down on that. So don't put all your eggs in one basket. :)

I'm glad the two of you have done some research and convo and have come to a common decision. But - don't forget !!!! Engagement Parties in China are not only FUN!!! but also useful for positive 'face'. Ask her if she'd like to have an engagement party..

I'll have to make sure she knows that I'm all in favor of whatever traditions she subscribes to... I'll stand behind her no matter what (I'll never get bored of something pretty to look at there!)

Actually, my dream would be to go to china and marry and stay there to live... ;) opps.. almost forgot I am married ;)

I think the Fed's are cracking down on that. So don't put all your eggs in one basket. :)

Well, if they didn't crack down on it, they'd probably tax it, so there goes another pipe dream down the tubes! :P

Guest WenDylan

Actually, my dream would be to go to china and marry and stay there to live... :wub: opps.. almost forgot I am married :Dah:

I think the Fed's are cracking down on that. So don't put all your eggs in one basket. B)

Well, if they didn't crack down on it, they'd probably tax it, so there goes another pipe dream down the tubes! :P

How many wives were you dreaming of having? :huh:

I hear you can get away with it in Texas, and maybe start a weird cult in the process! :huh:

The problem stems from Utah, not Texas, they just moved there to avoid persecution here, it seems that Utah is finally living up to "some" of the conditions of it becoming a state (that was 112 years ago)......seperation of church and state, we are still working on, but hey, we have plenty of time. B) :wub: :P