e-filing of I-765

Would it be advisable to do this independent of filing I-485? It will take a while for me to assemble the package so I am thinking about filing I-765 first. Thanks for your opinions.

You will need to send them the NOA1 from the I-485 application, so you may want to wait. I'm not sure how this works when you e-file. Do they give you an address to send it to?

You will need to wait for I-485 NOA1 letter, and in most cases you end up having to send copies of evidence to USCIS to support the I-765 efiling.

It is best to just send the I-765 together with I-485 in same envelope.

I-765 is based on pending I-485, NOT on the K-Visa, there is NO fee for this.

E-filing is best used for renewal of I-765.

NOTE: treat I-765 like a separate petition, that is do not share anything with the I-485, it needs it's own evidence (2 passport pics, copy of I-94)

One thing I don't think I've seen mentioned is that the EAD card comes with a mailer that says, "Use this section to speed your application for an extension or a replacement"

You should save this to copy and mail in with the renewal, if you end up needing to renew.

You can send one based on the K-1, but it will most likely expire before you even get it - it expires with the K-1

Absolutely!

I-765 filed based on K-1 CODE (a )(6 ) is the same "temp" 90 day EAD that is issued as a stamp at some POEs, it expires when the I-94 expires.

Filing for a K-1 EAD is a useless waste of $340.

K-1 should always file using code (c )(9 ) based on pending I-485, and file with or after filing the I-485.