The actual interview

My fianc¨¦ and her daughter arrived at the Consulate at 0700 after staying one night in Guangzhou at nearby hotel. They went with a friend of hers that also had an interview the same day.

They found themselves at the end of long line by that time forming outside.At about 0730 they were herded into the building to the fourth floor. My fianc¨¦ was called to a window by a Chinese clerk, a woman, who asked for her passport and interview letter. Her physical or medical packet was then opened at this point by the clerk at window 13 and she was asked several questions. My fianc¨¦ was asked about her employment, how she got to and from work, what she did at work and where she lived, etc. After several minutes of this, she was given a small red card with a number on it and sent on to the fifth floor. This sounded like some preliminary or screening questions? (personal opinion)

After her bag check and cell phone drop off, it was sometime after 0800 that she heard her name being called, but did not hear which window to go to. There are two parts to the fifth floor evidently? Her number was being called from a different room.

After a while, another woman helped her out and told her that she heard her window number was 18. So, my fianc¨¦ headed off to the other room and found a Chinese man that was doing finger prints at that window. She said he was very nice but also asked many questions about where she lived? Once this was completed, she was told to go sit down and wait to be called.

My fianc¨¦ said there were the same VO¡¯s (about six that she could see) at the windows that have been discussed on CFL and I am sure 001 before. She waited another 40 minutes or so and was called up to window 20. Her VO turned out to be a tall young Caucasian male, approximately in his late 20¡¯s?

He spoke to her in English.

He asked for her passport and interview letter.

He asked ¡°who is your fianc¨¦¡±?

¡°How do you know each other¡±?

¡°When did you meet¡±?

¡°Where does he work and what does he do there¡±?

¡°How many times has he visited you¡±?

¡°When were the dates of his first visits¡±?

¡°Do you have pictures of his visits¡±?

He fanned through the pictures without really looking at anyone in particular. We had three books¡­ :greenblob:

He asked for financials. He spent some time comparing the I-134, to my employment letter (after reading it thoroughly) and my pay stubs. He did not look at my tax transcripts at all and in the end handed all my financials back to my fianc¨¦. He did not keep anything?

She wasn¡¯t sure what he said exactly after this, because it all happened in a blur, but it was something like ¡°congratulations¡± or ¡°you passed¡± and handed her the pink. He then explained what she needed to do next to get the visas and about how China Post works.

Her friend also got pink, but her interview was much longer and she was asked questions for at least 20 minutes. Not sure which VO she had? After saying goodbye to her friend and getting some lunch they headed off to make sure they had their shots up to date for school here in the US.

I wish I could offer something for those about to go through this phase, but I do not have any sage advice. I do not think we had anything, or did anything for that matter out of the ordinary, that made the difference one way or the other¡­.

Certainly, all that we have learned through Candle helped us ultimately with preparation up to and going through the interview¡­ for this I am thankful to all of you and I truly feel blessed and extremely lucky!

Hope this helps...

David and family :ph34r: