Civil Surgeons

My apologies but I am a little confused. We are filing the I485 now for AOS and of course this Medical Examination (at least Part 2 portion) is required for K1 Visa. However, I do not have any records to input for this section, so do I just leave it blank? How does the Civil Surgeon know what to fill out in terms of dates / vaccinations? Does he have access to the original files / medical exams?

Thanks for bearing with me...

If you don't have the records (usually in a little yellow book), she will have to have all vaccinations over again. But, yes, you need to supply the records here. The Civil Surgeon will transcribe what you give him into the I-683.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't have the records (usually in a little yellow book), she will have to have all vaccinations over again. But, yes, you need to supply the records here. The Civil Surgeon will transcribe what you give him into the I-683.

Thanks for the reply Randy. Is there a way to get a copy of the Medical Examination performed overseas and filed with the K1?

Thanks for the reply Randy. Is there a way to get a copy of the Medical Examination performed overseas and filed with the K1?

Not likely - but if it has the vaccinations in it, then I would think she's okay.

My apologies but I am a little confused. We are filing the I485 now for AOS and of course this Medical Examination (at least Part 2 portion) is required for K1 Visa. However, I do not have any records to input for this section, so do I just leave it blank? How does the Civil Surgeon know what to fill out in terms of dates / vaccinations? Does he have access to the original files / medical exams?

Thanks for bearing with me...

Before leaving China my wife got vaccinated for the immigrations related vaccinations, and was given a yellow book. The yellow book is a vaccination record, and needed to be transfered to the I-693.

I f you did not do this then you will need to get vaccinated here in the USA, shop around and see who will do them for the least amount, and then take the record to a CS for transfer to part 2 of the I-693.

K-Visa holder's dont need to be vaccinated before getting visa, and this wont be in the medical packet turned in at the POE, this is why they need to provide an I-693 as part of AOS. K-Visas are NON-Immigrant, and vaccinations is NOT a requirement to get a NON-Immigrant visa, they are required for IMMIGRANTS, and this is what a person is if they get an IMMIGRANT visa like CR-1 or after adjusting status.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Before leaving China my wife got vaccinated for the immigrations related vaccinations, and was given a yellow book. The yellow book is a vaccination record, and needed to be transfered to the I-693.

I f you did not do this then you will need to get vaccinated here in the USA, shop around and see who will do them for the least amount, and then take the record to a CS for transfer to part 2 of the I-693.

K-Visa holder's dont need to be vaccinated before getting visa, and this wont be in the medical packet turned in at the POE, this is why they need to provide an I-693 as part of AOS. K-Visas are NON-Immigrant, and vaccinations is NOT a requirement to get a NON-Immigrant visa, they are required for IMMIGRANTS, and this is what a person is if they get an IMMIGRANT visa like CR-1 or after adjusting status.

Thanks for all your help! So since I am a K1 visa, she now need to get her vaccinations here. I'm trying to get all my AOS paperwork done now after officially marrying on 8/8/8 and before her 8/29 exit date! Really appreciate the help!

Yaya, we got married on the same day.

My CS told me to fill out the Part 1 only and they will take care of the rest.

Thanks for the tip for K1 folks....however,

" b. You will, however, be required to complete Part

1, Information about you, and submit the

vaccination section of Part 2 with your

adjustment of status application. A designated

civil surgeon must complete the vaccination

section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's

Certification."

I'm not sure what to fill out for Part 2, since our medical exam records were confiscated when we interviewed at GZ. Do I just fill out A number and name and leave rest blank?

Guest Rob & Jin

You should have the yellow vaccination book from the hospital and the blue medical book from the hospital, you can show both of these to the civil surgeon as proof of medical and vaccinations.

You should have the yellow vaccination book from the hospital and the blue medical book from the hospital, you can show both of these to the civil surgeon as proof of medical and vaccinations.

Vaccinations in China are optional for K-Visas, so a person May or MAY NOT have a yellow book.

My wife was K-1, and she opted to do vaccinations after getting visa and before leaving Guangzhou so she got a yellow book, if she had not, then she would have not got a yellow book, and would have had to do them here in the USA for AOS.

We have the yellow book but don't have the blue. But no matter what, I think we still need the TB skin test. I made an appointment with our county health dept to get that done for no charge.

Vaccinations in China are optional for K-Visas, so a person May or MAY NOT have a yellow book.

My wife was K-1, and she opted to do vaccinations after getting visa and before leaving Guangzhou so she got a yellow book, if she had not, then she would have not got a yellow book, and would have had to do them here in the USA for AOS.

correct , thats a no- brainer if no vaccinations then no yellow book, but everyone should have the medical book to show the civil surgeon.

No - this is not needed, and very uncommon.

The Civil Surgeon is signing off on the vaccinations only, and does not to sign off on the exam.

Some people have had difficulties with Civil Surgeons who want to give a whole new exam, but simply showing them the directions on the from (which say Vaccination Supplement Only) should be good enough. If not, you can always find another surgeon.

correct , thats a no- brainer if no vaccinations then no yellow book, but everyone should have the medical book to show the civil surgeon.

No - this is not needed, and very uncommon.

The Civil Surgeon is signing off on the vaccinations only, and does not to sign off on the exam.

Some people have had difficulties with Civil Surgeons who want to give a whole new exam, but simply showing them the directions on the from (which say Vaccination Supplement Only) should be good enough. If not, you can always find another surgeon.

We didn't show the CS the blue book and he never asked.

We have the yellow book but don't have the blue. But no matter what, I think we still need the TB skin test. I made an appointment with our county health dept to get that done for no charge.

Yep, that is what to do.

Notes on new TB test requirement: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD