Civil Surgeons

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The local office told me that we have to do a physical and some other shots than the three required. What should I tell her? Where can I find the regulation from the USCIS website to convince her? She is unfamiliar with k-1 visa.

The regs have changed a bit, TB skin test, as well as HPV vaccination has been added recently.

A full medical is NOT required, all you need to do is download I-693 and point out the directions.

A full medical is NOT a requirement for AOS from a K-Visa only the vaccination part of I-693 is.

Recently USCIS has updated form I-693 with updated directions for Civil Surgeons explicitly explaining that ALL K-Visas do not need a full physical.

I-693:

2. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fianc¨¦(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fianc¨¦(e), or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen, and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then-

a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination.

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part 1, Information about you, and submit the vaccination section of Part 2 with your adjustment of status application. A designated civil surgeon must complete the vaccination section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

And form I-485 directions have this:

8. Fianc¨¦(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fianc¨¦(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc¨¦(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment-of-status application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Bring vaccination record, or get immigrations related vaccinations and get the record transfered to the I-693 by a US civil surgeon.

So, we need

HPV,

TB skin test

TD

MMR

Chicken pot

all together? We did the last three in China.

The local office told me that we have to do a physical and some other shots than the three required. What should I tell her? Where can I find the regulation from the USCIS website to convince her? She is unfamiliar with k-1 visa.

The regs have changed a bit, TB skin test, as well as HPV vaccination has been added recently.

A full medical is NOT required, all you need to do is download I-693 and point out the directions.

A full medical is NOT a requirement for AOS from a K-Visa only the vaccination part of I-693 is.

Recently USCIS has updated form I-693 with updated directions for Civil Surgeons explicitly explaining that ALL K-Visas do not need a full physical.

I-693:

2. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fianc¨¦(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fianc¨¦(e), or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen, and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then-

a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination.

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part 1, Information about you, and submit the vaccination section of Part 2 with your adjustment of status application. A designated civil surgeon must complete the vaccination section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

And form I-485 directions have this:

8. Fianc¨¦(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fianc¨¦(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc¨¦(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment-of-status application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Bring vaccination record, or get immigrations related vaccinations and get the record transfered to the I-693 by a US civil surgeon.

So, we need

HPV,

TB skin test

TD

MMR

Chicken pot

Yep, Call around for price on them, they do not need to be done by a CS, you can then take the records to a CS for transfer to I-693.

Note there is a CS in TX that will do the I-693 by mail for around $20 or so.

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Many thanks. Would the USCIS accept an out-of-state CS?

So, we need

HPV,

TB skin test

TD

MMR

Chicken pot

Yep, Call around for price on them, they do not need to be done by a CS, you can then take the records to a CS for transfer to I-693.

Note there is a CS in TX that will do the I-693 by mail for around $20 or so.

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Does An needs Syphilis and HIV as specified on I-693?

Those were tested for in GUZ.

Correct, STDs are a basis to deny the visa so are tested for BEFORE the visa is issued.

We are talking about disease that can be vaccinated against.

Thank you both. Now it seems like we only need TB skin test. Dr Arnold in TX can't do it from distance. Should we do it locally and then mail the result with the evidence of vaccinations to him then?

Does An needs Syphilis and HIV as specified on I-693?

Those were tested for in GUZ.

Correct, STDs are a basis to deny the visa so are tested for BEFORE the visa is issued.

We are talking about disease that can be vaccinated against.

Thank you both. Now it seems like we only need TB skin test. Dr Arnold in TX can't do it from distance. Should we do it locally and then mail the result with the evidence of vaccinations to him then?

Yes this can be done, I would visit your family doctor and perhaps they can do the TB test or tell you were it can be done.

Thanks for the tip for K1 folks....however,

" b. You will, however, be required to complete Part

1, Information about you, and submit the

vaccination section of Part 2 with your

adjustment of status application. A designated

civil surgeon must complete the vaccination

section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's

Certification."

I'm not sure what to fill out for Part 2, since our medical exam records were confiscated when we interviewed at GZ. Do I just fill out A number and name and leave rest blank?

Certification."

I'm not sure what to fill out for Part 2, since our medical exam records were confiscated when we interviewed at GZ. Do I just fill out A number and name and leave rest blank?

They were placed in your file, along with all other documents. They will be there when you interview for AOS.

You need to get the vaccinations filled in and signed off by a civil surgeon. You do NOT need to pay for a whole new medical exam, like some will tell you.

Certification."

They were placed in your file, along with all other documents. They will be there when you interview for AOS.

You need to get the vaccinations filled in and signed off by a civil surgeon. You do NOT need to pay for a whole new medical exam, like some will tell you.

My apologies but I am a little confused. We are filing the I485 now for AOS and of course this Medical Examination (at least Part 2 portion) is required for K1 Visa. However, I do not have any records to input for this section, so do I just leave it blank? How does the Civil Surgeon know what to fill out in terms of dates / vaccinations? Does he have access to the original files / medical exams?

Thanks for bearing with me...