Olympics results thread

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they put on a clinic.

I was talking with my fiancee a couple days ago about Guo Jingjing, she's from Baoding, and amazingly (at least I find it so) is a friend of my fiancee ("although they don't talk as often these days" - her words). I asked my fiancee why she never told me about this before, and she said, she didn't think I would care because diving wasn't a sport I was interested in. But apparently, when I'm in China for Spring Festival my fiancee and I are going to have lunch with Guo Jingjing. But I have to play it cool :) , because I knew who Guo was my fiancee drew the obvious conclusion that I must "like" her, you know Like, Like :o

Yeah, they put on a clinic.

I was talking with my fiancee a couple days ago about Guo Jingjing, she's from Baoding, and amazingly (at least I find it so) is a friend of my fiancee ("although they don't talk as often these days" - her words). I asked my fiancee why she never told me about this before, and she said, she didn't think I would care because diving wasn't a sport I was interested in. But apparently, when I'm in China for Spring Festival my fiancee and I are going to have lunch with Guo Jingjing. But I have to play it cool :P , because I knew who Guo was my fiancee drew the obvious conclusion that I must "like" her, you know Like, Like :angry:

Well if she wins a medal you can ask to see it. :P

Did anybody else catch any of the US vs China women's water polo match yesterday? Great match with the Chinese team playing much better than anyone expected considering this was their first Olympics in water polo and none of the players were older than 21 I think.

Anyway, I was watching while my wife was behind me in the kitchen not paying attention,or so I thought. The US was ahead and the Chinese scored a goal to tie it and all of a sudden I heard a scream behind me like none I'd heard before. :lol: Scared the crap out of me and the dog. :)

When I turned to look she had a huge grin and kinda sheepishly said "Doesn't matter Darling, whoever wins is OK." :lol: The match went back and forth with both teams doing themselves proud. Despite her comment, her reactions showed that one side winning would have been much more OK than she let on. :) I found myself wishing they would win as well.

Good Lord. I'm watching ping pong, usa vs singapore. All players of Chinese descent. wa wa .

Is women's team event doubles. They don't do straight doubles anymore, but now doubles is part of the team events.

wa wa..

I'm triply torn... 1) all are chinese ethnicity, 2) must root for singapore team (lived there a year), 3) must root for usa team !!

Ah - the Singapore team captain is native chinese, imported from China. I know is ok for Singapore to do this - is normal, the last 4 Games.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)