As information, I have found that cybercalling.com is an excellent source for purchasing a prepaid telephone calling card for calling China. It seems to be the least expensive option for calling China. When purchasing these cards online I always opt for the ones rated at 5 stars and with two toll-free numbers. I have been paying about 4.7 cents per minute to mainland China; card is good for about 400 minutes. Cybercalling.com also maintains an online record of each purchase for you and personal access is password restricted. Instructional use of cards are in both Chinese and English and many will provide several other languages, as well. The web site is not all that difficult to navigate through, especially after doing it a time or two. All in all, I highly recommend this card over others.

My main concern now is gathering enough evidence to satisfy Guangzhou when we have the interview. Since we both have webcams and talk on yahoo messenger almost every night we have been lax on emails. I want to find a card that will give me a detailed record of when and where I called. It would also be nice if it had on line Chinese instructions so Bing could use it when she wants to.

Carl

Actually the cheapest and has a feature that allows to print out your calling record is onesuite.com

Current rate to China is toll-free at $0.0440, and local at $0.0240

I use onesuite too, cheap, use it for all my USA long distance as well, and yes the print calling record is perfect for the interview, I hope! (Made copies of all local service bills as well)

I use the local @ .024 cents a minute.

sounds like good cards. I use pincity.com which has local numbers for access and rates VERY close to what is stated here. It also has a very nice monthly recap of your account. YOu just have to charge the card whenever it runs low. An additional feature is that you get bonuse points that can be redeemed, reducing your cost a little bit more. Plus, it can be used in reverse, whereas a lot of other cards cannot (no access number in china).

This is getting like a fish story, but here is my 4.5 cents worth.

I use Yestel, Inc (Phone: 310-517-8278) as my home long distance carrier. (I live in Salt Lake.)

I can dial China direct from home. I get a monthly print out showing the number of calls and durations to Summer's phone number. All calls to China are $0.45 a minute.

They also provide a phone card at the same rate that I may use from work or my cell phone. For $40 (charged to my home phone) I get 888 minutes.

Happy hunting!

Hi

I use Nobelcom.com for my long distance to China. It costs 20.00 plus a 2.00 service fee and I can talk for over 8 hours for only 22.00 dollars  :D

Sixstringronnie

Noble is terrrible. Onesuite is much better in sound quality.

Hi

I use Nobelcom.com for my long distance to China. It costs 20.00 plus a 2.00 service fee and I can talk for over 8 hours for only 22.00 dollars  :D  

Sixstringronnie

Noble is terrrible. Onesuite is much better in sound quality.

Odd. Because all this guys are leasing extra line capacity from the big boys Telcos laying interoceanic sea cables.. You would think quality would be the same

We use onesuite ourselves.. Great value.

Top Ten Signs You Have a Bad Long Distance Company

10. All calls are 10 cents for the first minute, $94 each additional minute

9. In the background of every call you make : giggling

8. Their so-called "dial tone" is just a guy with a kazoo

7. You can only place long distance calls during an electrical storm

6. They bill you for calls made by some guy named Pepe, and when you complain they say, "whatsa problem, man, you no like Pepe?"

5. Whenever you call their office, you hear gunfire

4. Whenever you pick up the receiver, gray water pours out

3. Everyone you talk to sounds like the guy at the drive-thru window at Wendy's

2. No matter what number you dial, the same guy answers

1. Their slogan is: "Reach out and touch yourself"

Guest another_old_fart

Hello all

We are talking peanuts here.

For just $3.95 with AT&T, I call China for only 16 cents/minute

No need for password, or 10-10-345 or other prefix.

For convenience on the go, I pay $200/month and $1.99/minute

with Nextel.

Hello all

We are talking peanuts here.

For just $3.95 with AT&T, I call China for only 16 cents/minute

No need for password, or 10-10-345 or other prefix.

For convenience on the go, I pay $200/month and $1.99/minute

with Nextel.

I hate to say, but a lot of us make the exact same call to china for 3.5 cents /mn ..Cristal clear as ATT/ MCI and whathave you... I know.. Calling overseas IS what I do for a living....

I used to use MCI. I tried onesuite.com.. No need for 10-10-thiing either.. It's programmed into the phone. Was sold after the 3rd call.

Things being equal ( which they are ) why fork out 16 or 17 cents/ mn

( cheap by other countries standards, or by itself when you consider the rates back 10 years ago ) when you can pay less than 4 cents for the same stuff, huh? We actually call China for a cent less we call say Tennessee... and Grandma just sounds the same ! ( yeah, both Chinese and US one )

Botton line is.. If it dials the same, hears the same...... sounds the same....get them to fight :-) And Enjoy the chat ! There !

And if you pay Nextell 200 / mo.... Just for the privilege of roaming... You might want to try T-mobile GSM service... :D 19.95/ mo + around 95 cents/ mn anywhere in the world using a GSM cell phone from any country.

Enuff said....

Put perhaps I misunderstood the Nextel stuff....Or was it agent provocateur thing ? ;)

;)

Guest another_old_fart

Thanks Eric,

I might be wrong, but the pre-programmed dialing service without needing

a password or prefix, is limited to a phone number that you always make the call from.

T-mobile might have been a nice alternative, but T-mobile is not very strong

in California air

Regards

Thanks Eric,

I might be wrong, but the pre-programmed dialing service without needing

a password or prefix, is limited to a phone number that you always make the call from.

T-mobile might have been a nice alternative, but T-mobile is not very strong

in California air

Regards

You can have up to 5 numbers programmed with that dial prefix..incl cell

I only need 3 :-)

I don't know about T-Mob in CA, but if they work in the middle of KS , which they are when I was there , I am sure they work in CA.....

Hi

I use Nobelcom.com for my long distance to China. It costs 20.00 plus a 2.00 service fee and I can talk for over 8 hours for only 22.00 dollars  :rolleyes:

Sixstringronnie

With Nobelcom.com you are paying about the same rate as I am paying with cybercalling.com. I had a very bad experience with Nobelcom.com and would never use that company again. I purchased a $50.00 prepaid calling card online from that company and called to get the password to activate the card. I told them why I switched to their card because of their lower online rates. They then told me they increased their rates a few days before my purchase, did not update their web page, and to forget about any refund. Keep in mind they had not yet activated my card. Would not work with me. About a week after that they got around to updating their web page with their current rates. Highly unethical. What made it worse was that the two Nobelcom.com employees I talked with at that time told me there was absolutely nothing I could do about it, that web sites are wrong quite often, and that if I wanted to pursue it with the California Attorney General's office to go for it, because they had been through this before and nothing happened. That angered me more than anything. And what I experienced with these people certainly showed their true colors. Bu hao!