Archiving Instant Messages

I have been archiving my Yahoo on-line chats with Jingwen since we spend more time doing this than sending emails and talking on the phone.

I was curious if the group thinks is worthwhile. The text files that are created only show the time, but not the date. The file, of course, is dated when it is saved.

Also, I suspect that I will want to edit some of these files if Jingwen takes them to the interview - way too many intimate details sometimes.

I have been archiving my Yahoo on-line chats with Jingwen since we spend more time doing this than sending emails and talking on the phone.

I was curious if the group thinks is worthwhile.  The text files that are created only show the time, but not the date.  The file, of course, is dated when it is saved.

Also, I suspect that I will want to edit some of these files if Jingwen takes them to the interview - way too many intimate details sometimes.

DEFINITELY worth while!!!....save them by all means if only for keepsakes.

My wife and I have thousands of them saved and just as many yahoo e-cards and letters. I have been saving them to CD-RW. Be careful to save them to your computer at least every 3-4 weeks. Last year I lost two months worth! Yahoo had deleted them. Since then, I try to save them every week to avoid losing any more.

Yes, they only save to a text file thereby losing color and graphics but the words are there.

I name them by date...ex: 08-22-03.txt or 082203.txt

My wife has printed quite a few to take with her to the interview.