blue slip

my fiance had her interview yesterday was was asked about 20 questions and then vo gave her blue slip she asked what documents she needed she said none need more time to process file, the vo then told my fiance she did very well on interview, and vo also kept finacial documents, i never heard of getting blue with out request for more information is this common or could this be something worse thanks for any advice

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry to see your fiancee get this type blue slip. We got the same thing in July 2007. My fiancee was asked 31 questions then given a blue slip. She asked the same question of the VO that your fiancee asked...and told the same thing.

That is called an AP (administrative processing) blue slip, where no questions are asked.

Let's hope your wait is a short one and that your fiancee quickly gets her visa.

Best of luck to you both.

tsap seui

This sounds like Administration Processing. They just need more time to study the case. Hopefully it won't take them very long but you never know.

Good luck!!

[/ how long does something like this take to overcome

Judging from what I have seen, anywhere between 3-10 months. But, all cases are different and it's hard to judge how long yours will take compared to other cases.

Sorry to hear about the blue, but maybe you can send Guangzhou Conuslate email requesting an update, or attend an ACH, btw maybe if you put your time line, other's here whom are very helpful can try to figure why you got the blue....best of luck!!!

quote name='NYTIMES' date='Jul 30 2008, 02:39 PM' post='420440']

Sorry to hear about the blue, but maybe you can send Guangzhou Conuslate email requesting an update, or attend an ACH, btw maybe if you put your time line, other's here whom are very helpful can try to figure why you got the blue....best of luck!!!

Hi 406camaro,

Post your timeline and how you met and the like. Without more information no one can give suggestions or figure out what might be going on....... :whistling:

Tom and Ling

Guest Rob & Jin

really sorry about the blue.

I am curious about administrative processing. Why can some people get the visa immediatley and some can't but have to go through the administrative processing. Can we avoid this thing?

umm.... all you can do is make sure all your docs are filled out correctly, you presented what they asked for, but avoiding AP, who knows , it's a case to case thing and its their choice.

good luck