Looking for tips, (I'm a newbie)

Yes - she does NOT have to go to China for the interview - it WILL be at the consulate which serves her present address - but this is ONLY for the K-1 or K-3 visas. A CR-1 interview (I believe) takes place in her country of citizenship.

Yes - she does NOT have to go to China for the interview - it WILL be at the consulate which serves her present address - but this is ONLY for the K-1 or K-3 visas. A CR-1 interview (I believe) takes place in her country of citizenship.

Randy W,

Thanks for the info. If you are right about her using the consulate in Canada (I checked on the web, Toronto does undertake limited visa related tasks, and appears to be ramping up DCF's), then I would list her same Canadian address in I-129F, Part B, Question 2 and also in Question 15?

I assume Question 16 would go unused as both Canada and China regularly employ postal addressing in "Roman letters".

Man I wish I was eligible for DCF, it sounds like the best and fastest route. Gee, I think I'm being penalized for being a US citizen AND staying in this country. Something don't sound right there. :lol:

Randy W,

Thanks for the info. If you are right about her using the consulate in Canada (I checked on the web, Toronto does undertake limited visa related tasks, and appears to be ramping up DCF's), then I would list her same Canadian address in I-129F, Part B, Question 2 and also in Question 15?

I assume Question 16 would go unused as both Canada and China regularly employ postal addressing in "Roman letters".

Man I wish I was eligible for DCF, it sounds like the best and fastest route. Gee, I think I'm being penalized for being a US citizen AND staying in this country. Something don't sound right there. :lol:

Yes. But for any mail sent to China, most of us address it in both the pinyin (roman lettering) and Chinese characters

DCF's are faster because they bypass the USCIS processing stateside. They are also living with their wives for an extended period of time, and are less likely to receive a blue slip.

Thanks to Randy W and all the others who have given me advice and info. I have sent off an informal letter to the Toronto Consulate to ask their opinion on my sweety being able to do her interview there. For now I am sitting and waiting on the package of papers from her mother in China.

If this thread is still live when it arrives, I will get it back to the top. I really do appreciate the great help and tips offered up by the members of this forum. My buddy was right, you are a great bunch of people! :eyebrow: