Finally it is our turn!

Hi all! This is my first post here. Just wanted to let you know that my fiancée Amy just received her P4 yesterday 8/21. Her interview is less than two weeks from now on 9/3. Our timeline is as follows

NOA1 11/02/02

NOA2 12/21/02

P3-4/4/03

Name check submitted-4/4/03

Name check completed-Around 8/1/03

P4-8/21/03

Interview-9-/03/03

Visa issued-?

I would just like to share a few thoughts at this time. First, thanks to all of you here who help shed light on how this visa process from hell works. Before I came to this website I was completely in the dark about the visa process. For months I wondered what was taking so long. For instance, I could not understand how the INS could forward our application to GZ and yet over three months later upon my visit to the Embassy being told that, “we have no record of your application at this time!” It was not long after that that I found out about the Candle. Finally, I realized with a bit of relief and even more dismay, that we were not alone in our quandary. I found that there were others just like us. Since that time I have read with equal parts encouragement and frustration the stories of the Candle members. I appreciate the efforts that many of you have made and our making to bring your loved ones to this country.

I have done many of the same things that you have. I have: dotted my i’s and crossed my t’s, emailed the embassy regularly, called DOS weekly, contacted my state senators, and visited the embassy on two occasions. I am not sure what affect any of this has really had. But in the end, after all is said and done, it appears that we will finally be together.

Of course, just as everyone here does, we also have a story. Along the way there were a number of twists and turns. For example, I called DOS just two days ago in an effort to confirm what the embassy had told me a week before, that Amy’s name check had cleared. They informed me that it was still pending! And then the following day we received the P4 from the embassy! If I had it all to do over again I probably would not have called DOS at all, it seems to be just a waist of time and money. However, on the other hand, I would email the embassy often.

I might say to those of you who are still waiting to be patient, but I hated it when others said that. However, what I will say is that all of us hear know the frustration and suffering you are going through and I for one can only pray that for you too, it will end soon.

Tim

Guest Long_strider

Great News. We wish you both Congratulations!!!

Thanks for telling us about your experieces. It sounds like ours and many others on this site. Patience is difficulty when you are waiting in the dark so many days. The Candle helps to keep some light and hope!

Mi and Yuqing.

Congratulations!

And that's what I've been saying all along, forget DOS. Just dial the GZ Consulate until you get through to a clerk.

I agree on the first part. Not the second.

Dial GZ.... But get somehow a visa officer, not a DoS-style operator.

Their screen reads differently than back-office visa officers. It's a fact.

Proven many times over.

:greenblob:

And don't go up the food chain too much either unless you band together with other BH'ers and do a email / fax blitz like the one we did back in the good ol' days of the August BH group.

Just a visa officer.. Not the ambassador or GZ big honcho... ( still Linda D btw ? ) .. Just the guy who eventually will see her through the interview window.

My 2 zlotys worth..