Interview Result

What??? Now they are deciding if we're too young or too old to marry someone??? They shouldn't have this right, as long as we're of legal age.

I met my wife when she as 21 and we married when she just turned 22(she was 23 when she went to the interview and got shot down).

I have to think they didn't approve because of the financial support issue since there are a lot of 22 years old beneficiaries that have been approved.

I guess my only advice is...if you both really love each other, you'll still be together whether GUZ approves or disapproves the VISA so don't let them ruin your relationship.

I told my wife after we did not get approved for the Visa to think of ourself as migrate worker. I would only get to see her once a year and after I make enough money, I can go back home(if we get the white slip, the plan is for me to work 5 more years here and save every dime I can and retire early in China and go back to the USA to work when I need money).

I know you may have answered before, but why did you get a blue slip?

How did they give you a pink slip, then a couple days later decide to give you a blue slip?

That seems like cruel and unusual punishment to me!

:ph34r:

This is all an assumption since they never tell you why they give you a blue slip other than the "we do not believe you have a bona fide relationship blah blah blah crap section of the INA 221A blah blah blah crap(you know, the same crap Bush use to jail people under Section 326A of the USA Patriot Act, but I digress."

I and other believes that after the paperwork was reviewed by a Supervisor, a red flag was raised because of the way we met. GUZ might believe we have a fake marriage because I have "family" in China and she has "family" in the USA. Of course, our thoughts were "WTF are they thinking? Why the hell would I help someone I hardly know? I never met my cousins till 2006 so why the hell would I help them. " And because I work as an Officer at a bank, my career would be ruined if I was involved in a sham marriage. I have no freaking idea what they are thinking. I have tons of losing career wise and financially also since my wife is now entitled to half of my assets and my 401k,ira,and pensions(well over 6 figures.).

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WenDylan

What??? Now they are deciding if we're too young or too old to marry someone??? They shouldn't have this right, as long as we're of legal age.

I met my wife when she as 21 and we married when she just turned 22(she was 23 when she went to the interview and got shot down).

I have to think they didn't approve because of the financial support issue since there are a lot of 22 years old beneficiaries that have been approved.

I guess my only advice is...if you both really love each other, you'll still be together whether GUZ approves or disapproves the VISA so don't let them ruin your relationship.

I told my wife after we did not get approved for the Visa to think of ourself as migrate worker. I would only get to see her once a year and after I make enough money, I can go back home(if we get the white slip, the plan is for me to work 5 more years here and save every dime I can and retire early in China and go back to the USA to work when I need money).

I know you may have answered before, but why did you get a blue slip?

How did they give you a pink slip, then a couple days later decide to give you a blue slip?

That seems like cruel and unusual punishment to me!

:(

This is all an assumption since they never tell you why they give you a blue slip other than the "we do not believe you have a bona fide relationship blah blah blah crap section of the INA 221A blah blah blah crap(you know, the same crap Bush use to jail people under Section 326A of the USA Patriot Act, but I digress."

I and other believes that after the paperwork was reviewed by a Supervisor, a red flag was raised because of the way we met. GUZ might believe we have a fake marriage because I have "family" in China and she has "family" in the USA. Of course, our thoughts were "WTF are they thinking? Why the hell would I help someone I hardly know? I never met my cousins till 2006 so why the hell would I help them. " And because I work as an Officer at a bank, my career would be ruined if I was involved in a sham marriage. I have no freaking idea what they are thinking. I have tons of losing career wise and financially also since my wife is now entitled to half of my assets and my 401k,ira,and pensions(well over 6 figures.).

When you respond to the Blue Slip with the information they request you should be ok. Right? If it is true then there is no reason to be distraught. Let them be, what you have no control over.

When will you deliver the required paperwork to them with the Blue Slip and when will they get back with you? I hope you get the Pink Slip soon!! I know you will!